Online Poker Rooms

A little trick for telemarketers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A little trick for telemarketers

Post by KEVINfromHB on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:12 am

I love this! I have done my small part in the past for a very vial type of pest...the telemarketer. There have been time I have recieved calls, and asked the person to "Hold on just a moment please" and proceeded to put the phone down until the next commercial break. When the commercials come around, I pick up the phone to see if they are still there, and ask them to hold on just a moment longer. Then I go make a sandwich. If the person is still there when I get back, I allow them to go through their sales pitch once, and then ask them to explain it a little more fully. At that point I ask them to hold on a little more. You see...they are pot commited now. I have kept these saps on the phone for up to 45 minutes with this technique. Doing my part against the scammers of the world.
If you have any additional ideas...please share. I hate those jerks!!!
KEVINfromHB
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://goodcleanfun.nicetheme.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A little trick for telemarketers

Post by slyone66 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:29 am

thats a pretty good idea kevin, i think i'm going to have to use that one. i get 3-4 of these a day. i usually just hang up on them. but i think i will try out your technique next time. i remember a seinfeld episode once where one called jerry. he said he was busy could he have they're home # to call them back. they said they werent allowed to give it out. he said "now you know how i feel" and hung up....lol great way to get rid of them. still laugh when i think about it...
slyone66
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:53 pm

thats funny usally i scare them off by asking them for their home phone number so i can call them at supper time or some ungodly hour in the morning but that one kevin i will try .

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:55 pm

Oh yeah Kevin... I've pulled that one myself. I got the idea from an email I got once. I can just imagine what there thinking when you put 'em on hold a couple times and really act interested in what their selling, and then just leave 'em hangin'. Razz

I play golf with some guys that work at State Farm Ins. headquarters in Bloomington, IL and they put me onto a friend of theirs that used to work for the Better Business Bureau. He liked to have you set 'em up and get them to call him up and he would rake 'em over the coals good!

There also was an audio file I got in an email that would really sting 'em good. This guy has this tape recorded and turns it on whenever a telemarketer calls. It says that he is not "John Doe" or whoever the telemarketer is calling for , and then turns it on and it's a voice saying that he is Detective so and so from the homocide division and to stay on the line to answer some questions. Tells 'em the guy has been murdered! It's hilarious!

I wish we had a way to upload onto here!
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2008-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

devil's advocate.. thats me! LOL

Post by bestoboth on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:55 pm

I gotta say that YES telemarketers are the MOST annoying people in the world.. but I also have to say that MOST of them are just poor schmucks trying to pay the rent. As someone who tried to do that for a while (I lasted 3 weeks before I was bleeding from my stomach from the stress - its harder than you think... mainly because of the abuse and because your bosses try to tell you to close no matter what and I just couldnt take advantage of people) and realized that I just didn't have the stomach for it...

I will say though that I met a lot of very nice people... who were just trying to make ends meet... of course on the other hand I met some REAL DOUCHEBAGS who would sell thier grandma to make a buck... So these days I just don't bloody answer the phone when its a private number.. problem SOLVED! LOL

I do understand the frustration though and I think the jerry sienfeld one is def the funniest... I have actually used that... before I got caller ID and a cell phone... LOL

bestoboth
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KEVINfromHB on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:23 pm

I also know that most companies will put you on a do not call list if you ask. There is also a national registry, but this doesn't help if you've ever done business with the company, or if they just don't care (usually the real scammers don't)

www.donotcall.gov/
KEVINfromHB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://goodcleanfun.nicetheme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:12 am

most of the time i just hang up myself. i have 2 techniques i use sometimes. my kids are young and always looking for phone time so i let them babble on. occasionally i will sing music to them and wait to see how long it takes them to hang up. i ain't no singer so it usually don't take too long.
illphillllllll

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2009-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

i guess i,m the real cruel one

Post by chefjimmy on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:42 am

because i act totally impressed,and i want the super deluxe version of whatever they are selling,and the extended warranty...oh yeah i want that too!then we get to the payment part....and i just mention i never ever give my credit card over the phone,but hey just ship it to my house,i,ll look it over and send ya the money via mail...i mean you trust me dont you....after all you have my number....
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top