Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Here is a hand that knocked me out today

4 posters

Go down

Here is a hand that knocked me out today Empty Here is a hand that knocked me out today

Post by datsme53 Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:26 pm

This is a hand that knocked me out of a tourney today. Thought I'd post it here to see what some reactions might be.

***** Hand history for game #76171996 *****
Blinds 100/200 NL Hold'em - 2009/03/03 - 20:53:23
Table 47
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players: 10
Seat 1: jakass ( 695 )
Seat 2: sutan ( 995 )
Seat 3: todorsanto1 ( 825 )
Seat 4: datsme53 ( 5388 )
Seat 5: lude ( 725 )
Seat 6: marion24 ( 2974 )
Seat 7: lion15 ( 947 )
Seat 8: DLC1996 ( 8367 )
Seat 9: jumbo80 ( 11490 )
Seat 10: koty33 ( 9064 )
lion15: posts small blind [$ 100]
DLC1996: posts big blind [$ 200]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to datsme53 [ Ks, Kh ]
jumbo80 calls [$ 200]
koty33 folds
jakass folds
sutan folds
todorsanto1 folds
datsme53 raises [$ 1000]
lude folds
marion24 folds
lion15 folds
DLC1996 folds
jumbo80 calls [$ 800]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, 6s, 9s ]
jumbo80 checks
datsme53: bets [$ 4388]
jumbo80 calls [$ 4388]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4h ]
jumbo80 wins 11076 chips from main pot with a flush, nine high [ 9s, 8s, 6s, 4s, 3s ]

This jumbo80 came to the table and had played about 20 hands at my table when this one hit the fan! Mad He was pretty aggressive and would bet pretty high bets especially when he had position. In this hand he was in early position and limped in. I couldn't believe that he had called my raise of 1,000 preflop with 4s,3s!! What do you all think of this beat that took me out?
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Here is a hand that knocked me out today Empty Re: Here is a hand that knocked me out today

Post by The Big Donk Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:28 pm

I can almost understand the call preflop. Almost. Folks do like their suited connectors.

After playing enough of them poorly (ie the above situation), I've toned down my blind dedication to suited connectors. A hand like 34 poses a series of problems. Hitting that flush 4 high in the hole leaves you still with 10 chances to loose to a higher flush. Your straight possibilities are severely diminished with hole cards that low. You've got to hit A2 for a nut straight draw, unlike a hand like say 67 that can leave you drawing live for the nuts if the board hits 45, 34, or 35. Unfortunately with 34, you're only drawing that live for the butt-end of a straight, which an experienced poker player knows is a nasty place to be. 34 also leaves you with basically no chance of winning with a pair, and a ton of possibilities for counterfeit.

The biggest and most overlooked problem I have with this type of play is his position. It seems that many players are well aware of how to play well from position, but fail to recognize the importance of avoiding bad position, especially with a drawing hand. If you plan on drawing, doing so out of position is going to cost you more chips than it will ever net you in the long run.

As far as him calling a bet that size on the flop with those odds of hitting... ridiculous. That's all I can say about that.

At least you can take away with you the knowledge that you played it as best you could and that guy will never be a profitable player as long as he continues to play those odds.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Here is a hand that knocked me out today Empty i feel your pain bro

Post by chefjimmy Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:37 am

just had kk hit me hard this moning when a guy tripped his queens...as for an anolgy...ok youplayed it peferct preflop...the guy shouldnt have been in the hand...that being said...had he had a-2..you coulda been in trouble...its a hard hand to back down from...but with an over card on board and his checking..i think the bet was a lil large...little less investment and you might have got out before the kill...tho i do simpathizeand of course he should not have been in the hand
chefjimmy
chefjimmy
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Here is a hand that knocked me out today Empty l LOST TO 23 S

Post by k9ofspades Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:19 am

Reminds me of a knockout I had with aces to a 23 suited I was in the blinds and there were a lot of limpers so I went all in got called by 23 suited and lost that made even less sense but it also happened at a place I've come consider the bad beat centre of the universe.

Regads Guy
k9ofspades
k9ofspades
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Here is a hand that knocked me out today Empty Re: Here is a hand that knocked me out today

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down