Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

donkhard at full tilt

5 posters

Go down

donkhard at full tilt Empty donkhard at full tilt

Post by illphillllllll Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:29 pm

donkhard at full tilt Trash
illphillllllll
illphillllllll
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

donkhard at full tilt Empty Re: donkhard at full tilt

Post by illphillllllll Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:47 pm

this was my AA against AK loss. it happened preflop. a couple hands later got JJ in against 99 after 862 flop for another loss on river. total chips involved would have put me in first place. don't get no worse than that. finished 65 place. sick.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:06 pm

OW... Philly!... I know what you are feeling for sure! Sad I've had so many runner runner beats thrown at me the last 2 months I swear the Poker Gods are punishing me to the max! It's cost me a lot lately for sure. You always know your going to get some of these, but they seem to come at the biggest moments in your tournament life and an awful lot of the time with big pots. I know if I had escaped just some of these that has hit me lately, my rolls would look much better for sure! Mad Hang in there and know that you played it as best as you could... and it just didn't happen for you this time. Like we all hear... they're will be another tourney coming. Smile
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

donkhard at full tilt Empty yup i know your pain

Post by chefjimmy Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:43 am

i,ve had such a run of losing with great cards this week that its no problem identifying with the frustration you feel...but theres always next time
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by whyucallin Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:57 am

datsme53 wrote:OW... Philly!... I know what you are feeling for sure! Sad I've had so many runner runner beats thrown at me the last 2 months I swear the Poker Gods are punishing me to the max! It's cost me a lot lately for sure. You always know your going to get some of these, but they seem to come at the biggest moments in your tournament life and an awful lot of the time with big pots. I know if I had escaped just some of these that has hit me lately, my rolls would look much better for sure! Mad Hang in there and know that you played it as best as you could... and it just didn't happen for you this time. Like we all hear... they're will be another tourney coming. Smile

this probably won't help, but... you're not the only one on a losing streak the last few months. I had built up a bankroll of about $150 playing freerolls & micro buy ins on various sites the last 3-4 months of last year. It's now completely gone! It got so bad I've been thinking of giving up online poker altogether. I've seen so many 1, 2, 3, & 4 outers on the river over the last few months it's disgusting! then whenever I've been able to get into a large tourney, like anywhere from 10k to 200k+ prize pool, I've been completely card dead ! Hopefully my 8th place finish in last nite's freeroll is the beginning of a turn around. we'll see. Maybe it's all because I haven't been a faithful donkhard member the last few months???? I'm quite sure TBD would say so !

whyucallin
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:49 am

i chatted with the guy a little bit after the hand. i said nothing negative and said that i still love poker anyways. this has been a big stepping stone for me to keeping a positive mindset after taking a tough loss. alot of times when getting knocked out of a tournament i will tell the player good game even if he put a beat on me. it is a little hard to do at first but it really does help me cope with things. my big problem are the a**holes who put a beat on you then rub it in your face. not sure how to deal with that one yet, but i'm open for suggestions.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:55 pm

pretty simple philly just ignore them and play your game dont let them get to ya cause when u play poker with your emotions on redhot u will lose and if the chat gets to much there is a ignore button on most sites we all have been there just patiently wait for a good hand to take the m f out lol.

Back to top Go down

donkhard at full tilt Empty Feel the pain

Post by RockManFree Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Yeah, those beats really weigh ya down!

Lately I've turned it around some by not going all in with pocked As until the flop. In your example, I bet the AK guy would have folded after the flop if you went all-in. Of course sometimes it backfires with a bad flop for your AA hand, but hey, at least you have a chance to get away from it and not bust out or go broke!

Good Luck! (Unless we're at the same table :-)

RockManFree
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down