Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Fiddle Dee Dee...

+4
NicolasWSOP
The Big Donk
chefjimmy
Not Like Me
8 posters

Go down

Fiddle Dee Dee... Empty Fiddle Dee Dee...

Post by Not Like Me Fri May 22, 2009 1:18 am

I feel like there's only one person who can relay my thought process at the moment. He takes the words right out of my mouth.

That man? Tourette's Guy.

"FUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! DAMMIT!!! HO-LY SHITTTTTT BALLSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!"

and an additional snippet of my own:

[:MOTHERUDSKCSOCMPSMXCPMMARGHH!!!!!ihatefuckiNGDONKEYS!!!!!!!!!1YSSSADASCANONCANCLOASNHHHHHH!@Y!@*()$Y@()YDWHX)J)W_@!SD+@LS+!SW!S]!@*()$Y@()YDWHX)J)W_@!SD+@LS+!SW!S
!e2dq2d7E654Q232CQVSCVgsrh6i57ie
BAUFDGUVASU

@@::@w:!@w:!:!:1313134

plenty o-key mashin......fist bashin........ughhhh...the bitter disappointments and unbridled anger have been bountiful

everything has been going wrong this week, u name it....h/u my opponents always seem have the higher pair...cant make a bluff to save my life...my AK never stands up to A3o....JJ has been losing to sets of underpairs left right and center...draws are not hitting, nothing has been going right and worst of all ive been playing with emotion and the tilt has been showing..

needed to vent, time to get some rest. i'm going to go dream about retiring.
Not Like Me
Not Like Me
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Fiddle Dee Dee... Empty Re: Fiddle Dee Dee...

Post by chefjimmy Fri May 22, 2009 8:08 am

hmmm could your language be any more colorful?look we all get bad beats and down swings...how we react to it defines us as players...eventually casual indifference sets in and you know your making progress
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Fri May 22, 2009 11:32 am

Oh no, the dreaded cold run. I hope it breaks for you soon. Playing good poker and losing can be one of the most frustrating things anyone can experience, especially over extended periods of time. If you need to, feel free to keep venting in our direction, we're here for ya. And be sure to let us know when the cold run breaks and you win big!

Also, just curious... has this been happening to you in all forms of poker or just NL Texas Hold 'em? What I'll usually do when I'm running cold in one game, such as No-Limit Hold 'em, is switch to another such as an Omaha or Stud variation. Sometimes even just switching from NL or PL to Fixed Limit helps.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasWSOP Fri May 22, 2009 6:54 pm

I can definitely feel your pain. :[

Today, I hit top set on a rainbow flop and went all in against bottom pair... he hit runner-runner flush.

Ahh well.. :[
NicolasWSOP
NicolasWSOP
Member Rank: Quads

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Fiddle Dee Dee... Empty Fiddle Dee Dee

Post by Surf Rat Sat May 23, 2009 3:53 pm

LMAO~ROFL...Elegantly said. Smile ... I've only been playing a short time online but I've had that week too(a few times Mad )head up 'n eyes open it wiil turn around again Cool
Surf Rat
Surf Rat
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Sat May 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Well.... I know one thing for sure... You need to get with jimbeam77 about the abbreviation language for cursing... he is very good at it. Your's is not bad, but jimbeam77, seems to me is the expert here...
.. LOL!

Okay, on the support you side of things.... the dreaded bad streak has seemed to have struck you broadside. Well, like has been suggested... there are several ways to change things up to see if it will help. Venting is a good thing.... don't hesitate to do just that here... I know I have vented here before...and it at least never hurt a thing.. so by all means... let it out my man! LOL!

Take some deep breaths... decide on a plan.. method to proceed with and get this bad streak behind you NOT! Smile
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecizzo23 Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:47 pm

man try not to let it get ya down... thats when ya go broke.
Alecizzo23
Alecizzo23
Member Rank: Trips
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by silverjacks1 Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:43 am

not sure if its any help to you nlm but
i just fell down the stairs from top to bottom and now have bruises on both cheeks of my arse and carpet burns on my elbows. bloody hell it shocked me.
Im just glad i dont live in a lighthouse.

cold streaks pass good play lasts

silverjacks1
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Like Me Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:30 am

Holy freakin bad beats Batman! This is all from today:

Donkhard tournament - 20,000 in chips, sitting in 7th or 8th at the time. Blinds are 400/800, I raise UTG with JJ to 2400. Everyone folds to the button, who raises to 8000. I pause for a moment, decide he likely has a lower pocket pair or AK/AQ and push all in. He flips over AJo.
Well, wouldn't you know it, that 30% miracle came on the flop and I didn't hit the case.

Doyle's Tournament - Short stack pushes all in for about 500. Guy to my right smooth calls. Again, I have JJ and I decide to push the other guy in too. Surely enough, he calls the massive raise. Short stack shows A8o, guy to my right shows A3 diamonds. Two diamonds hit on the flop, the turn brings a blank and boy howdy, you wouldn't believe what came on the river. Diamond.

Couple of S&G games:

QQ vs AQ. All-in pre-flop, every card looks good until the river. Ace.

AK vs K9. Again, because of the low starting chips (300) it's mostly a push or fold event. Looking good 'til the river, no draws or anything, when bam! 9 of club pops up to take me out.

10s vs 5s. This one needs no explaination. 5 pops out on the flop, turn brings him a full-house. Didn't hit my two-outer.

I'm not saying I'm the greatest player, but surely the laws of averages should work in my favor sometimes. I got lucky today MAYBE once (and that's being generous).

As a poker player, how do you deal with the bad beats? It seems two and three outers always seem to hit against me. I'm not being forgetful of my own luck, but it seems as if it's happening far more in favor of screwing me than it does to help my game. Sometimes I make a stupid move, which I will readily admit to, but generally I am always in the pot with the best hand until the inevitable happens. How does one let go of the emotional rage when it repeatedly happens?

By no means am I a crybaby, but the stress can take a certain toll on you. I just look for peace, harmony and a little bit of luck.
Not Like Me
Not Like Me

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasWSOP Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:41 am

Aww don't be discouraged.

I've seen the suckouts happen to you an exponential number of times, but you're still a great player.

Your skills will eventually overpower your bad luck and then your bankroll will boost up into the thousands again! Smile
NicolasWSOP
NicolasWSOP

Number of posts : 819

Back to top Go down

Post by chefjimmy Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:28 pm

when that kind of bad run hits notme...i take a break,just walk away,do something else with your time...make it long enough so that when you come back you get a good feeling....you dont carry that sense of dread and aprehension that can cause you to make calls you normally wouldnt,sometimes taking a break is just the right thing to do.
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum