Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

THE MAIN EVENT

3 posters

Go down

THE MAIN EVENT Empty THE MAIN EVENT

Post by NicolasWSOP Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:02 pm

The 2009 World Series of Poker No Limit Hold Em Championship Event starts tomorrow (July 3rd, 2009)!!!!

I am so excited for it. I will be following all of the updates very closely on the WSOP website. I am very curious as to how many entrants there will be this year. Personally, I think that there will be more than in 2008, but not as many as there was in 2006, when Jamie Gold won it all. Who else is super stoked for the main event? and who will be looking at the updates online?

I Believe that the final table will consist of a couple pros, and the rest will be amateurs.

Does anyone know when the main event will be on television?
NicolasWSOP
NicolasWSOP
Member Rank: Quads

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

THE MAIN EVENT Empty Re: THE MAIN EVENT

Post by Surf Rat Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:09 pm

What a Face I'm looking forward to seeing this on the 'telly too ...I think it is broadcast in aug. on ESPN not sure of the dates ...then the final table is done after a few weeks break to build the drama and hype it up even more and get more sponsers and endorsments for the players...maybe they are trying to make it into like the superbowl of poker with selling time for new comerrcials made to broadcast on it Suspect and possiblly a halftime show too.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Surf Rat
Surf Rat
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Like Me Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

After a one day break, the ME is starting again (Day 3) in just over three hours (Noon, PDT). Some of the notables with large chip counts include Phil Ivey (346,200), JC Tran (284,600), Kenny Tran (273,000), David Benyamine (228,800) and Jeff Shulman (206,700). The current chip leader is Amir Lehavot with a whopping 610,500 in chips, which is 145,000 more than second place.

Still TONS of professional and highly skilled players left in the tournament including Andrei Kostristyn, Bertrand Grospellier, Phil Hellmuth, Josh Arieh, John Juanda, Antonio Esfandiari among hundreds of others.

Updates can be found here:
http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/tourney/updates.asp?tid=7283&grid=607&dayof=1116&curpage=1

Should be an interesting day of cards.
Not Like Me
Not Like Me
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasWSOP Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:04 pm

The money bubble burst today. Still lots of pros in it.
NicolasWSOP
NicolasWSOP

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down