Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Who will follow you to your bed?

5 posters

Go down

Who will follow you to your bed? Empty Who will follow you to your bed?

Post by thehogster65 Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:14 pm

The other day I found myself stopped on the side of the road watching about 100 cars follow a black Herse. With the precession taking about five minutes to pass I was given time to think about the occasion. I thought to myself who will follow me when I'm in the casket hidden behind the curtain covered windows. Why are they following me? Are they there because I made an impact in there lives? How many people will make the trip to the grave yard tucked away in middle of rural Medford,Or. Will any of them come visit my remains after that day of celebration. How many people will be inspired by my carefully thought out epitaph. Just a couple of things to think about. PEACE OUT
thehogster65
thehogster65
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Who will follow you to your bed? Empty Re: Who will follow you to your bed?

Post by Surf Rat Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:44 pm

What a Face persoanally I don't want the traditional ride to the grave ...first cremate me...then I would prefer a combination of a Irish wake party (with gallons of whiskey,loud Music and lbs Wink of extras) and a New Orleans style funeral march by my family,friends and other aqaintences to the beach and my ashes put on my longboard set afire and pushed out onto the ocean. no muss no fuss!! Cool
Surf Rat
Surf Rat
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by thehogster65 Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:28 am

Surf Rat wrote:What a Face persoanally I don't want the traditional ride to the grave ...first cremate me...then I would prefer a combination of a Irish wake party (with gallons of whiskey,loud Music and lbs Wink of extras) and a New Orleans style funeral march by my family,friends and other aqaintences to the beach and my ashes put on my longboard set afire and pushed out onto the ocean. no muss no fuss!! Cool

Quick question Surf Rat. If you are already ashes what is left to burn? Just kind of curious.
thehogster65
thehogster65

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Surf Rat Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:14 pm

What a Face Laughing well just the container with my ashes and my board really...but the law here says you can't cremate a body outside of a legal crematoriam and you have to get a permit to spread the ashes in the ocean off the beach also ....tho they may have a problem with burning the board in the ocean too Suspect ...probablly see it as poluteing....awww hell just spread me into the waves Very Happy
Surf Rat
Surf Rat

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:19 pm

hmmmmm

Is it more important to leave a mark or to walk without tracks and leave without trace.

Questions
Questions

Smile

Roller

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by chefjimmy Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Good topic, heres my thoughts.
I am not big on funerals or funeral processions.nor am i into the thought of toasting anyones passing including my own.I,m more of a realist...if it was ok for the ol gal to buy a brand new appliance plop me in the box n bury it i,m up for that...its my hope that during my life,i will have touched many hearts and created many memories that they may cherish.its my wish that noone mournes my passing but instead celebrates my life by enjoying the memories i leave behind.I do understand and sympathize with the loss of someone we have come to cherish...but i choose to keep those same people alive in my heart and memory.

“Love
is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening,
but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love.
It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger
than death.”
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Well... I have never been one that ever thought funerals and visitations were something that I fully understood. A body is lying there and people pass by and talk to the family and look at the deceased and say things like.. doesn't he/she look good?.. Well.. I'm sorry .. but they DON"T look good... they look dead! That is NOT good! I really don't want that for me. I don't really care whether I'm buried or cremated... I figure I'm not gonna know.

I do however think that there should be something there that says that I lived, loved, and was loved. Nothing wrong with that at all.. but I don't want someone looking at my body when I'm dead. I think it serves no purpose and in my opinion is actually harder on the family left behind. I especially don't like the graveside thing that goes on so much. That to me is not something that is not necessary at all.

Memories/legacies are what I want to leave behind... not a last look at my deceased body. I want my family and friends to know who I was.. what I stood for.. what I contributed.. that I was a good Husband/Father/Uncle/Friend... etc. I want my grandchildren's children and generations beyond to remember who and what I was about. Just a very brief take on my thoughts on this subject.
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down