Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Wild Cards

+4
jimbeam77
slyone66
illphillllllll
decker
8 posters

Go down

Wild Cards Empty Wild Cards

Post by decker Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Just thought I'd share this... The first time I played in a draw poker cash game at Carbon, the game was 5 card draw, with Jokers wild. First of all, they don't tell you how many jokers there are. Just one? Two? Don't know even now... Second of all, the joker is not always wild! If you don't know this beforehand, you are going to lose money. Say you have Q,Q K,K and Joker. You have 2 pair, not a full house. That's because the Joker can only be used as an Ace, or to complete a straight or flush. Of course, I did not know this and bet out my "full House" , and lost my entire stack to three of a kind....I went so far as to contact support, because I was sure I had won the hand...Then I got the reply that the Joker can only be used as I stated above...So don't jump into a draw poker cash game with Jokers wild at Carbon unless you know the rules, it will save you some money! Embarassed

decker
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Wild Cards Empty Re: Wild Cards

Post by illphillllllll Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:47 am

that sucks, i would have assumed the same thing. i don't play draw poker but it is a great post for anyone who does.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:01 am

thanks for the very informative info. i'll be sure to watch out for that on carbon
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbeam77 Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:08 pm

wow that really suks sorry to hear that Sad and thanks for letting that be known
jimbeam77
jimbeam77
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:52 pm

I've played so many forms of poker it's ridiculous. I have played a variation like this before, but that's not the standard. "Wild" means just that. Wild. Can be ANY card. It seems to me that if they're going to use a variation of the wildcard standard, it ought to be clearly specified somewhere right out in the open. Sorry you had to lose money over what seems to be their mistake in not clearly labeling the game.

But I do want to give you a big thanks for sharing the experience with us. This could end up saving alot of people alot of money.

As this is news to me, I'd imagine it will be news to many others. Therefore, I will likely head over there the next opportunity I get to play some poker and shark on the poor innocent newbies who don't yet know their strange and hidden little wildcard variance. At least until the word spreads, these tables may be a nice opportunity for some donkhards to make some easy cash capitalizing on the mistakes of others.

Thanks again for sharing, decker!
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by chefjimmy Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:09 pm

i never play with wild cards...its just a basic rule..completely throws off the odd.
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Surf Rat Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:47 pm

What a Face true dat ...I woulda thought wild was wild for any situation but thnx 'cause now we know Cool so maybe I'm gonna have to check it out some rainy afternoon just for fun bounce .....C'ya on a table there sometime
Surf Rat
Surf Rat

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:55 pm

Sucks Sucks Sucks

Really that Sucks .........

Hey what ever the House rules are that's what they are.

Thanks for the info ....

I would have never thought that is how they would call it.

Thanks

Roller

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down