Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

WOODSTOCK !!!

4 posters

Go down

WOODSTOCK !!! Empty WOODSTOCK !!!

Post by Surf Rat Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:54 am

What a Face 40 years ago today a 3 day music festival (that almost was'nt) was getting ready to begin and no one knew that morning that it would become the concert of the century with nearly 1/2 million people there that weekend. "WOODSTOCK" the name that came to symbolize the summer of love,the end of the 60's, the social/political turmoil ,what young people can do when they pull together to conquer adversity,weather,technical problems etc. , the extent and size of the new generation and their spirit of togetherness and community to the rest of the world.
I was to young that year to even consider going to that event that incredible summer,but I had become "aware" of what was going on beyond my small world of school and playing with friends in the nieghborhood.I had even smoked my first joint and been to see a few concerts featureing some of the bands that were there such as.... Santana,The Band,Richie Havens,Canned Heat,C.C.R.,Ten years after,Joe Cocker...and saw most of the others in the years afterwards ,tho I sadly missed seeing Jimi Hendrix before he died when I got "caught" by the police trying to hitch hike with a friend to the Miami show the next summer. But even after the several hundreds of concerts and festivals I've been to,worked at and participated in across the country thru the decades ... Woodstock is the one I truely wish I had been at. ..... "Long Live Rock 'n Roll" Cool
Surf Rat
Surf Rat
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

WOODSTOCK !!! Empty Re: WOODSTOCK !!!

Post by chefjimmy Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:44 pm

yup forty years ago....had i not been a child of the 60-70s...i,m sure id remember more..but alas that summer following the grateful dead had some long lasting side effects....umm where was i?oh yeah..woodstock...i agree long live rock n roll
chefjimmy
chefjimmy
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:42 pm

This was a great event for the times. I was too young to attend, still a high school student I believe. It was the talk of the time also. These types of concerts became very popular. There was one at the small town I grew up in. Heyworth, IL in the late 60's. It was called the Kickapoo Creek Rock Festival. Unbelievable how so many people could gather to hear music. It was strange to see all the people gather and park almost anywhere. The road leading to the site was littered with cars for miles. It was held outside Heyworth, IL so there wasn't much parking close available... but it didn't stop the crowds from coming. It was an experience I won't soon forget either. I was just starting in High School... so of course.. I wasn't allowed to go. Mom would have killed me if I had snuck off to satisfy my curiosity.. lol! Hell's Angels made the trip and were there to be security for the event. Pretty strange deal for my small community to absorb. Ended up being a very peaceful event overall. 1 person was killed during the event... accident at the site.. can't really remember how it happened now. The Hell's Angels really kept down any rowdies and it went off like clock work. It was touted as one of the most peaceful concerts of it's kind ever. Over 200,000 attended the 4 day deal.

Don't have to say long live Rock n Roll.... It already has.. and it's hear to stay!
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:54 pm

Not old enough to have experienced the Rush of WoodStock.

Hendrix rules.
Hey Joe where you goin with a gun in your hand ......

Sorry just a flip side of the divorce cake thread.......
Laughing

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL !!!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

NEIL
I'ts Better to Burn out then Fade away ...........

Roller

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum