Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Cake's Gold Card Giveaway is it a scam?

4 posters

Go down

Cake's Gold Card Giveaway is it a scam? Empty Cake's Gold Card Giveaway is it a scam?

Post by ericthegr8 Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:49 pm

I am sure alot of you recently heard of the Gold Card promo that Cake is giving away Cards at faster intervals at the ring game tables. Well I have a couple of theories that might cause you to question some of their motives.
About a month ago Cake rolled out a program that invited you free dollars to participate in a "Name Change" on a weekly basis. Why would they want you to do that? Why would they pay out all those dollars to get names changed so frequently? Well I have some possible reasons.
Due to Cakes falling traffic they are promoting their ring game play heavily, which is their one consistent moneymaker. The announced Gold Cards be rewarded more frequently. The name change promo has allowed them to hide who is actually receiving all the cards. Are those people real? Are they house players? I have yet to see anyone I know receive one lately or have I seen one released at my table. They really created a great smoke screen for the releasing to unknown names. People merely think the person must have been a participant of the change promo.
Another twist to the Gold Cards was where did all these people show up at the exchange with hundreds of certain cards? Who had that many cards? Really? The Gold Card Exchange was a last ditch effort to improve traffic. Cake takes a percentage of sales on the cards that are sold. Why not just do a buyin game for 10 bucks instead of having to go buy 10 dollars worth of Gold Cards where they make so much per sale. Well it appears people are starting to catch on to that nonsense.
Cakes revenues are falling dramatically as you can see in the removal of the big GTD trnys. Yes 5k and 2k added seems great, but with the percent they take from the Exchange and with the table fees they are covering that. Keep an eye out on some of their GTD trnys. Often they do not cover their costs.
Lastly, I know you have heard rumors of Cake closing. Well keep in mind that Cake is apparently on a downhill slide. I would advise you not to keep a large bankroll there as who knows when those that started the "rumor" might turn out to be correct. All signs point in the rumors favor.

Goodluck friends and see ya at the tables.

ericthegr8

ericthegr8
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Back to top Go down

Cake's Gold Card Giveaway is it a scam? Empty Re: Cake's Gold Card Giveaway is it a scam?

Post by SouthBay1 Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:07 pm

GC=HOAX!!!!! Eric, you are really into this thing man. You should hire a PI.

SouthBay1
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-11-30

Back to top Go down

Cake's Gold Card Giveaway is it a scam? Empty Re: Cake's Gold Card Giveaway is it a scam?

Post by illphillllllll Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:30 am

i have at least 50 gold cards total on various cake skins. they aren't that hard to get but you do have to put in the time and play a decent blind size to expect to receive one.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Murph591 Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:34 am

Good post Eric..I myself liked playing the GC games for a joke ..but I think your dead on with this..

Murph591

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Valued CakePoker Player,

Please be advised that your cashout request has now begun processing and should be completed within 48-72 hours.

Best wishes,
CakePoker Support

check arrived as promised in 2 days

plz stop the nonsense eric
and if cake is closing so be it but until then maybe u should stop playin there if its so bad why play there everynight
and as philly has said u need to get out of micro to win gold cards at a decent rate !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down