Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Every Hand

3 posters

Go down

Every Hand Empty Every Hand

Post by The Big Donk Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 am

Has anyone had a chance to read Gus Hansen's Every Hand Revealed?

I've read few few excerpts on it from the first chapter, but not enough to form a solid opinion, and was wondering if it was a read worth continuing. I find Hansen's wildly aggressive ATC (Any Two Cards) approach to the game fascinating. About the only times I (quite ineffectively) run that approach is on tilt Mad , on a gear change to mix up play, when the entire table's playing overly tight (for example: in tournament bubble situations or at some 9-10 man ring games), or to advertise (setting up to get paid off later).

I typically don't expect to profit (and rightfully so) when in ATC mode, other than the above situation where the table is too tight, and therefore stick to a more conservative (and profitable) approach. I think it would be nice to play a wild strategy as effectively as Gus.

But enough about me... how about the book?
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Every Hand Empty Re: Every Hand

Post by 10Zav01 Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:57 pm

the ATC approach is nice. though i dont use it anymore. it confuses the crap out of people. the main reason i dont use it mainly because im more experienced and even though you get paid off nicely employing the ATC method, the problem is you spend more on money per hands because people figure it out and reraise you. your bankroll hops around too much...

10Zav01
Member Rank: Trips
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by decker Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:29 am

I think it is one of the very best poker books out there. Maybe not for pure instructional value, but it is extremely interesting to read. No other poker book is like it, as Hansen gives his thoughts on every hand in the Aussie Millions tourney which he won. It gives an open look into his thought processes, which is unusual for poker players... I highly recommend it. It may not be the style of play for everyone, but is is great reading, and any info or insight is good for your poker arsenal.

decker
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down