Online Poker Rooms

will our goverment take away poker

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:51 pm

well from what i just read we have till 09 to get this stupid last minute rule changed with the new administration coming in lets hope things go well for all us online usa poker players .
trucker103 .

Back to top Go down

Re: will our goverment take away poker

Post by Very Bad Donk on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:52 pm

This may give a sudden impact, as to how to answer this question, at this moment.

I have unfortunate news to report. Despite the efforts of the poker community, the opposition of the banks and the recent news exposing inappropriate influence by the White House, today the current administration finalized the UIGEA regulations to be made effective on January 19th the day before president-elect Obama officially takes office. A copy of the final UIGEA regulations and the PPA’s response can be found on our Web site.

I am sure that you share my outrage over this last-minute "midnight rulemaking," but I have not lost my drive to correct this injustice and I call on you to join me and the million strong PPA to help continue our fight. In fact, the Politico Newspaper reports on 11/12 that Congressional leaders are already plotting legislation for next year that will undermine the White House's "midnight" regulations. We must make sure that UIGEA is part of this regulation reversal.

There are 4 things you should do to respond to the government's actions:

1. Call your Member of Congress and let him or her know how disappointed you are by the lame duck administration's implementation of UIGEA and subsequent erosion of your personal freedom.

2. Send an email to the Obama Transition team and tell President-elect Obama that once in office he should immediately turn back the UIGEA and other "midnight rules" issued by President Bush.
3. Help the PPA help you. Become a Premium Member of PPA if you are not already. For only $20 you help us be effective advocates for poker and your membership put us in a strong position to defend your rights. If you are already a Premium PPA member please consider making an additional contribution to our fight.

4. Forward this to your friends and stay updated on the latest developments regarding the UIGEA regulations.

This is not the time to bow our heads in defeat; rather we must continue our efforts with renewed vigor. Thank you for your support and dedication to protecting the game we love.

Proud to play,
Alfonse D'Amato, Chairman
Poker Players Alliance

Very Bad Donk
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GrumpytheSarge on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:44 pm

I'm already a member of the PPA and it is going to take a while (year's possibly) to repeal the laws.

Damn shame. I can join the Military at 18 - Legally drink a beer at 21, and now at 39 - can play poker with millions of people around the world, just another Money making opportunity, and our government refuses me my Constitutional Right.

Wow! Wonder what Thomas Jefferson would say about all this?

Just me ranting - GrumpySarge

GrumpytheSarge

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Will Our Goverment Take Our Poker Away

Post by ct.ect666 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:49 pm

Ok Before I start...I am not an American...I'm Scottish...Lived in Canada For Over 20 years.
I believe the current government of' W' has grossly misjudged the reaction from ordinary americans over this bill.
It's the way it has been hidden 'a bill within a bill etc' is it seems to me is the slow decay of lateral thinking by leaders in power. it's hard to imagine that they thought it would just slip through and not be noticed.
But for me...it has to go deeper...America since 9/11 has become 'to use a medical term - agorophobic -(sorry could think how else to put it). Which is is only natural when you are attacked....But and here is the catch....when you start to think that everyone is out to get you - then you have a problem.
America has always been about protecting freedoms...thats the foundation on which it was built. This lame duck president is just protecting his own sorry ass now and because banker's and the associated big business that has lined the pockets of the wealthiest americans for a generation now, want to stop american money from being spent or sent outside the USA...so they push this bill through in the dead of night...and cross their fingers no one notices...What a bunch of twats.
People who don't live in the USA say americans are arrogant,abrasive etc....well in some cases that may be true...But on the whole Americans are fiercely proud and frankly have the burden of now being the force which provides some security for not just their own citizens but the rest of the world.
Now....i cant say i would agree with some of the methods used 'Gitmo being one'....but some times to fight the fight which is so big it becomes overwhelming...bad decisions are made.
But i don't think anyone would call anyone cowards because in the last 30 years everyone on every continent owes America a large debt...which was paid with too many lives to count.
Its not just the Poker bill...it's more the bigger picture thats important....the goverment needs to be returned to the people.
I truly believe America took a bold step in electing Barack Obama...I only hope he follows through with what he said he was going to do to change the essence back to what America should be.
I've known and cared for many americans which i am proud to have known.
One in particular who died in the first gulf war. To him and all like him brave enough to literally put their lives on the line to protect ALL Of OUR LIBERTIES I SAY THIS.............

GOD BLESS AND KICK SOME FUCKIN' ASS.

CT.

ct.ect666
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:14 pm

well that was very well said ct.ect666's and to you hope u have a great day and we are a proud bunch most of us and good luck at the tables Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post by awry13 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:41 am

It is a sad thing. To take away something enjoyable at a time when our country is struggling seems unnecessary. You would think the problems at hand would provide enough of a challenge to our political leaders. Unfortunately that is the argument they will use to ignore the UIGEA.

awry13

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top