Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Bankroll Management Question????

3 posters

Go down

Bankroll Management Question???? Empty Bankroll Management Question????

Post by k9ofspades Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:47 am

I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue. I seem to be making money slow and sure when I play 2cent 4cent cash games. Ive tried 5cent 10cent a couple times both times got a very good hand, usually the only oportunity I got, and got wiped out by a monster. Ive worked myself up to $90.00 from 0.

They say you should leave when youv'e made 10% of your bankroll now in the 2-4 games ive made $20 a couple times in a session so im thinking I should keep a $200 bankroll as my base and when it gets to $400 I can try 10% of the extra ($20) in a tournament or 5-10 cash game and take out the other $180. I'm just wondering how reasonable this stragety seems to anyone with more experience than I have. Thankyou in advance all suggestion gratly appreciated.

regards Guy

Last edited by k9ofspades on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
k9ofspades
k9ofspades
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Bankroll Management Question???? Empty Re: Bankroll Management Question????

Post by The Big Donk Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:49 pm

Sounds like a solid BRM strategy to me; similar to the one I'm using on the $10K Challenge.

Now as far as tourney play goes, I wouldn't take more than 2% into an MTT (so that would be $8 max with a $400 bankroll). For an STT, if you're ROI is good in those games, 5% (or $20 with a $400 bankroll) sounds perfectly reasonable.

Moving right along. If those are the stakes you would like to play regularly, I would not take out the $180. This is going to bring your BR back down to $200, which puts you right back down in the 2 4 games. On the other hand, if those are the stakes where you want to play, then hell yeah cash it out!

When it comes to cashing out for me, I first determine the stakes where I would like to end up playing (I can always re-adjust later). From there, it is all about bankroll building until I reach that level; nothing is profit, and nothing is taken out of the bankroll.

Once I reach the stakes I want to play, at that point I can consider taking out profits over a certain level, but I always make sure to replenish my bankroll to a healthy level to support the stakes I want to play before determining how much is available for personal spending.

That's one man's take on it, but it's worked out quite nicely for me.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by 10Zav01 Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:07 pm

i failed my challenge kind of, i got down to $20 and just fired away at it on eurolinx in a omaha game, got that flush, but you know in omaha that flush better bet be the nuts or youre screwed. and i was screwed.

well live and learn and succeed eventually is my motto....

played live at a dogtrack near me an dwon quite a bit for the range...

$100

left with $268

havent had all that much time to invest into online poker lately or these fourms

10Zav01
Member Rank: Trips
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down