Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

$100 challenge ...

+3
The Big Donk
PowerPlay777
dijwaila
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

$100 challenge ... Empty $100 challenge ...

Post by dijwaila Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:55 am

so we all enough challenges in our lives, right? well, not me ... i just keep throwing more onto my path! here the latest one ... a $100 challenge at pitbull.

once this amount has been reached ... there will be a $25 freeroll for members who participated in yesterday's tournament at pitbull. note: there may be more to this tournament than is being announced today ... check back for more details as this challenge develops.

current bankroll: $21.78

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

$100 challenge ... Empty Re: $100 challenge ...

Post by dijwaila Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:33 pm

i just managed to get 20 minutes in at a .05/.10 nlhe cash table, while at work. caught a couple of strong hands, the best being pocket kings which turned into a set on the flop. got my opponent comitted, then all-in and earned around $5.50 from that hand. two pair, kings and nines were good for another $2 and the rest from small pots totalled a profit of $9.15. 10% closer to the game!

bankroll: $30.93

almost closing time now, gotta go ... good luck at the tables.

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerPlay777 Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Keep up the good work we can always use another FreeRoll Surprised

o well I wasn`t in Pitbull Freeroll Good luck anyhow!
PowerPlay777
PowerPlay777
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:31 pm

appreciate the support sevs ... i'll certainly try.

just had the opportunity to play another 20 hands or so at the .05/.10 tables. with the exception of one hand which i played poorly and payed for it (-1.80), it was an acceptable short session with a small profit.

bankroll: $33.91

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:55 am

i woke up this morning around 4:30 ... wasn't entirely awake, but couldn't get back to sleep either. so, off to pitbull i went. if this happens again, i'm going to read a chapter from a poker book before playing. i played for around an hour and my mind was definitely not in proper form for the first 20 minutes.

the session started with a $1 + .25 nlhe tournament. the freezeout versions of these $25 guaranteed tournaments can have good overlay value. this morning, there were only 17 players in the tournament i entered. that didn't help much though, i was out after two hands, lol. i was dealt KK for the first hand and went all-in preflop. having witnessed so many players go all-in preflop first hand in low stakes tournaments with far less than premium hands, this seemed a good opportunity for a quick double or more. to their credit, none of the other players called. A10 came next and i hit second pair with one opponent after a standard prelop raise. i can't remember exactly how or why i thought my hand was good (other than being half asleep, lol), but all the chips went in on the turn and i was beat by kq (k hit on flop).

i was also sitting at a cash table with $5 and blew that. but a cup of tea later and i was back at a different .05/.10 cash table, with focus and better results.

it's lucky that the bankroll is up, as the session lesson this morning is that i cannot beat other players when half asleep, regarless of how much i'd like to believe that!

just cracked a couple of yawns, so i'm going to try that sleeping thing again. over and out!

bankrolll: $43.44

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:55 pm

just bought into the donkhard $25 added for $1 + .25 ... thus the bankroll took a small hit that we won't see results for until the 17th.

so that's the neutral news .. now for the good. powerplay777, you are invited to play in the pitbull tournament, whenever it takes place. i will send you all the necessary information once the $100 amount has been reached and the tournament details are confirmed.

as with the previous plo8 private tournament, it is possible for those who didn't play in the new years day tournament at pitbull to receive an invitation to the freeroll. the more somebody significantly distinguishes them self with the quality and/or quantity of their posting/participation within the forum, the greater that person's chance of being invited.

sevs (as i respectfully refer to him), has received this invitation for being the first and only person to take interest and post support for this challenge. i take no offense that my posts received less response than those of others who are partaking in challenges, though it is noticeable and made me wonder for a moment why that would be. but any reason(s) i could think of for this seem insignificant. i merely appreciate that sevs did respond, hence the invitation. this is mentioned in detail because it is good example of another way to earn an invitation. contributing one random post could do it, you never know! do your thing, enjoy the forum and i'll do my best to notice.

bankroll: $42.19

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:00 pm

Doubled up in 2 days. Very nice.

I liked the play with the KK. As you said, low stakes, first hand, what else can you do. The other option is to just play it for a very small pot and fold if the pot gets big. Of course we already know that in the first hand, someone will go apes#!t. Being, what, about 76% favorite against any random pre, I play them the same way in the same situation.

I believe that (just about) anytime you get them in best, you're playing good poker, regardless of how your luck turns out by the river. Skilled players will profit over unskilled lucky players over the long haul, and because there is the luck factor involved in short term poker, the long haul is what it's all about.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerPlay777 Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Well thank you d lol
much appreciated

I need to start a little grindin of my own @ Pitbull to get the buy-in for that tourney.
I think I`m about halfway there with $.79 or so, and 2 weeks or 13 days anyway to get it. Good luck.
PowerPlay777
PowerPlay777

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:42 pm

just took a big step back ... all i 'll say is nothing went right, nothing.

bankroll: $29.24

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

$100 challenge ... Empty Re: $100 Challenge

Post by datsme53 Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:51 am

I've been following your challenge in here. Seems to me your doing very well. I've had many "issues" with pitbull trying to play over there. I thought I'd try to play there some more to see if I can mount any kind of account at all. Had more trouble with the freeze ups, so I thought I'd try one freeroll very late.... or very early... 1:30 AM NL freeroll. Only had 354 people in this freeroll I entered. Smile After a few freeze ups.. one almost a half and hour.... We finally got on a roll and started playing steady.. actually hand after hand... lol. I managed to get to the final table and was 9th in chips. I caught a good hand and went to 44k chips. I was in 3rd or 4th now. Several hands later I get AA preflop. I decided to go ahead and take it all in ... 4 players had limped in with blinds of 4k so I went ahead. 3 of them fold and one player calls. He had 30k or so before he called and I had about 40k at that time. He has A,4 off suit that he called with(all of his chips) and catches 4,J,4 on the flop and beats me. I only had about 9k left and blinds ate me up... ended up in 9th for $.42. This guy ends up winning it and did it by pulling off 2 more gems like that! POKER!!! Surprised

My Pitbull ventures aren't exactly memorable... lol! A 12th and a 9th for $.72. Played in several freerolls and that is all I have to show for it. One of the players on the table at my last one with the A,4 beat told me after that .... " this site sucks... always seems to reward stupid calls". I'm beginning to think he might be right..LOL!!

Last edited by datsme53 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just rewording)
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 am

change of plans ... maybe i'm giving up too easily, but playing regularly at pitbull is more aggrevating than fun. the bankroll is currently sitting at a little over $30 ... enough to fund a $25 freeroll and play a few more of our forum tournaments. i'm happy with that ... and this way i can concentrate on the pokerroom challange.

i'll be contacting pitbull support later today and making the arrangements. the tournament will take place around the same date as the $25 added on the 17th ... and a couple more invitations could still be sent out!

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:14 am

i'm getting closer to the 500 comp point mark. when a player reaches that mark, pitbull sends them a site hat and shirt. needless to say, i don't want either of those ... but maybe i can convince them to give me $10 tournament ticket instead, wishing myself luck, lol!

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Your doing a very good job at Pitbull, especially with all the frustrations that I can sympathize with for sure. I've had to go the freeroll route to get any account mustered there. I lost my $10 at the tables the first night...lol! Had it up to over $13 and then down to $9 or so when I got Ah,Ac preflop and flopped an A. This guy who just sat down then with his $10 was still in the hand with me. I bet $.50 preflop and he called. Flop came 8h,As,3d. I bet $2 and he raised to $4! Now, I know I got him on a stone cold bluff, because he can't have much... not even better than a runner runner possible or a pp in hand. I go all in and he waits and then CALLS! He had Kh,Qh and .... yeah... hit the runner runner for a flush and that was that.. lol! Sooooooooo a freerollin' I go.. lol! Rolling Eyes

Last night .. or early this mourning...lol... I managed a 14th for $.30 and got to another final table... this time in 7 limit stud(8 players in this). I was 7th in chips and went out fairly soon in 8th for $.65. I just can't seem to break through and get a win, but I do have $1.67 there now, so enough for the buy in on the 17th providing I will be able to play... waiting till close to that time to enter to be sure I can play. Smile

With my frustration at playing at Pitbull.... this might just have to do for my challenge to myself.. just making enough to play in the buy in... lol! Hope to see you and TBD there for sure.
datsme53
datsme53

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:19 am

Got a little cushion now .. lol! Got another final table at the infamous Pitbull freerolls. 8th again for $.65 and a 18th for $.30... for a huge bankroll of $2.62... lol! $100 Challenge...?... I think I'd better set sites for $5... Laughing
datsme53
datsme53

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:25 am

well done dat ... looking forward to seeing you at the tables on the 17th.

freeroll update: i'm still trying to arrange it with pitbull. they wouldn't accomidate my priavte tournament request, so now an attempt is being made through their league games ... for now, i'll just say the frustrating issues don't end with their games. hope to have a positive update in a day or so ...

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:37 pm

we have some tentative good news. tbd and crew here at donkhard have put me in contact with somebody who should be able to make this tournament happen. all the details have been submitted, so i'm hoping for a response by monday.

anoother update will be posted when i recieve tournament detail conformation ... keep it here, we're almost there!

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:15 pm

it has been a while coming, but the pitbull freeroll is scheduled for saturday, february 7th at 19.00 eastern. it can now be found in the private tournament tab in the real money section of the pitbull lobby.

tbd, do you still have a list of the players who took part in the new year's tournament at pitbull?

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

$100 challenge ... Empty Running good

Post by awry13 Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:24 pm

Hey D, sounds like you are doing well lately. Good luck with the tourney.
I haven't noticed much trouble with freezes at the Pit lately. I played in 2 $25 feerolls last weekend and they ran without a hitch. And I cashed in both. pirat

awry13
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:01 pm

well done awry, did you notice the $25 added nlhe tournament too? only $1.25 to buy-in!

Last edited by dijwaila on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:09 pm

regarding the freeroll, i want to especially thank fred bauer from pitbullpoker.com for his help with creating this tournament. though i am happy for this event to be taking place, it's too bad that this tournament will be the only of its kind. i appreciate the exception being made to allow this event, and the above average player support provided by fred. i believe this could be the best one day donkhard tournament yet!

invitations to follow over the coming days ... perhaps some to be won ...

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:30 am

dijwaila wrote:well done awry, did you notice the $25 added tournament too?

Ok d. Hope to be able to play in the $25 added. I wasn't able to play last weekend(was in Ohio visiting relatives). Had a good time in the last $25 added on Pitbull. TBD had to go out to dinner and you were sitting out, but it was a fun couple of hours. Hope to be able to play with you both in the next one. Cool
datsme53
datsme53

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:20 am

hey dats, i'm forgetful sometimes, lol. sorry for being a dead stack, but happy to hear it was a good and enjoyable game. here's to remembering about the next one on sunday, februaury 8th!

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Remembering......? Remember what..........?! LMAOOO!
datsme53
datsme53

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:06 am

as usual ... i'm already at the table getting drunk, practicing chip tricks and writing invitations for the game on saturday.

invitations for tbd, sevs and datsme are all but delivered. since they bring me food at the table too, it might be a couple of days before i get up and send these ...

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 am

a forum challenge with tournament invitation prize(s) is being considered as well, but drawing a blank for the challenge details. ideas anybody?

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next