Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Suckouts online

+2
datsme53
hiphopstoner
6 posters

Go down

Suckouts online Empty Suckouts online

Post by hiphopstoner Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:26 pm

So what is everyone elses oppinions on getting away from people sucking out?

I always say never commit your stack before the turn.
What do you guys think?

hiphopstoner
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Suckouts online Empty Re: Suckouts online

Post by datsme53 Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:37 pm

hiphopstoner wrote:So what is everyone elses oppinions on getting away from people sucking out?

I always say never commit your stack before the turn.
What do you guys think?

Well.... I say ... never say never... especially player poker, online or live! LOL! Laughing
How many times have you had AA, or KK and bet out 3 or 4 times the blind or a little more and get reraised to where you have to commit your stack preflop in order not to fold those big Pocket Pairs? Can't say I would never say never to a lot of things playing poker, but to say never commit your stack before the turn.... playing tight would take on a whole new meaning! Shocked
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ThugClub Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:23 am

you can never get away from suckouts coz they happen so often, freerolls and buyins,

ThugClub

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:17 am

freerolls are loaded with sukouts who will play anything at the start off touney hoping to double up. i've seen alot of lousy hands win also. i don t like to go all in preflop unless i am commited to chip count and feel like i don t have a choice. sometimes it pays off and other times your out of the tournament before it even gets started. so in my opinion it depends on the situation , seating, and how much you've already commited to the stack. and if you believe you have a strong enough hand to survive...
slyone66
slyone66
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Suckouts online Empty it would be a cold day in ....

Post by chefjimmy Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:33 pm

yeah i agree with the earlier comment never say never,and position,players involved in the hand.amount commited to the pot all bring in factors....that being said...in a heads up situation,preflop,it would be a cold day in hell before i laid down AA to any raise...but thats me...yes we,ve all had our rockets cracked..but the facts remain the facts...when holding AA preflop you are in fact holding the best hand possible and i can see me laying down the best hand.hope this helps
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:36 pm

You know, I went along those lines of thought for a short while early in my poker days. After suffering a rash of horrible suckouts, I wondered if it wouldn't be best to wait until all the cards are out before committing the stack.

What I ended up finding out was that it was just not profitable poker.

Suckouts are a part of the game. It's easy to not like them when they happen to us. But it's always quite a relief when we get our chips in bad and then get saved by the turn or the river.

More importantly, we need bad players to be able to suck out on us. What? Did he just say we need to get sucked out? Yes I did. Getting sucked out on actually benefits us. Let me explain.

Hypothetically, let's say that there are 2 groups of poker players. Group A is players like us. We rule the poker world. We get always get our chips in best and we're never on the short end of the stick. Like Helmuth says, "If it weren't for luck, we'd win them all!" Then there's the Group B; the poker players who suck.

Now, still speaking hypothetically, let's take the luck factor out of poker. Once a player is all-in, suckouts are now impossible.

Sure you'll be at tables with players from Group A and Group B for a while, but eventually, the group B players would go broke. Even those who don't would eventually realize that they suck at poker. They never win a damn hand. It would being like playing blackjack against a dealer who always gets 21. Eventually, all the bad players would quit.

Now who's left to play against? Group A players? That's it? How are we going to make any money off of them? They never put their chips in bad. The blinds would just go around and around and around the table, and eventually we would all get bored and go shoot some craps.

The less skilled players have to suck out sometimes against the more skilled players. That's what keeps them playing. That's what makes them think they have a chance of winning. If they beat a player who is better than them, they now feel they are the better player. When they finally end up losing all their chips to the more skilled player, they assume the skilled player actually got lucky and call for the chip runner to bring them another rack.

That being said, to play too conservatively with your stack can put you in the dangerous position of playing passively. That just won't work for long term profits. Aggressive poker is winning poker, bottom line. It's never wrong to get your chips in best. Even if you're only a 51%-49% favorite when you get all your chips in, you're still going to come out ahead in the long run. Granted, you will get burned 49 times out of a hundred, but when you tally up your winnings after all of the dust settles, you will have made a profit.

Of course, the higher the odds are in your favor, the better shot you'll be giving yourself at long term profits.

What's also important to remember is that true winning poker can only be measured out in the long-term. For many players, a big suckout can be devastating, especially when all or most of their bankroll is on the line. If you only got say 5% of your bankroll at the table, that big suckout hardly makes a dent in your roll, and you're left with enough buy-ins to come back and try it again and again and again even after suffering 10 consecutive losses. Utilizing an effective bankroll management strategy, such as the one I'm using in my $10,000 Challenge, can be a great way to minimize your losses and make those bad beats a whole lot easier to take.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down