Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

a chat room

+5
The Big Donk
10Zav01
datsme53
dijwaila
manusas
9 posters

Go down

a chat room Empty a chat room

Post by manusas Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:52 pm

a chat room

manusas
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

a chat room Empty Re: a chat room

Post by dijwaila Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:33 am

in olden days there was one here ... but it was mainly just a drunk guy throwing bottles at people, so nobody stayed around too long.

perhaps we could give it another try if there is sufficient interest shown ... does a donkhard chat room interest anybody?

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:36 pm

dijwaila wrote:in olden days there was one here ... but it was mainly just a drunk guy throwing bottles at people, so nobody stayed around too long.

perhaps we could give it another try if there is sufficient interest shown ... does a donkhard chat room interest anybody?

I'm not sure how much overall support it would get here, but I'd be interested in using it. If it could be set up too where a couple members could use it for a private chat too might help also if they wanted to converse about an upcoming event or setting something up without others in the conversation might be very beneficial. It might save a lot of PMing back and forth sometime. Just how many here would use it.... I don't have a clue, but it might be worth a try for a while to see how it goes. Smile

One question comes to mind though. If we have a chat room... how many people would post with the chat room available? Neutral
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 10Zav01 Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:54 pm

well that's mainly what IRC is for. and i'd hang in an irc channel for this forum.

btw if anyone feels like chatting me up i'm always on paullama@hotmail.com for msn
pauldeuceball for aim or vapidthegod@yahoo.com on yahoo

10Zav01
Member Rank: Trips
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Although the last couple of attempts at running chat here haven't been real successful, I'd be willing to give it another run.

I'll get a chat room up shortly.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

a chat room Empty i,d drop in now and then

Post by chefjimmy Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:44 pm

but i would rather see a blog..i like the blog concept for general purpose posting and things that might clutter a forum...but either way i,m with you guys...chats are cool...but then its chatroom monitors next right?not that i,ve been kicked off or warned...ok maybe warned...you get the picture
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:15 am

i believe the biggist problem with poker forum chat rooms is the people that come in and hound you for passwords to upcoming freerolls. most other sites require a certain amount of quality posts before they give them out. which donkhard doesn't by the way. if we could keep people from just coming in for a password and taking off. it would be a good idea. maybe like put something in chat room saying no password begging. look in forum for password. just an idea.
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Good point, sly. People simply using the chatbox to try to pick up the password could get pretty annoying. I also get alot of PM's from users who are trying to find where the passwords are located, so they'll probably use chat for that purpose, as well.

Not quite sure about how to prevent that from happening. I'll likely just hang out in the chatroom during the busiest times to do a little "police work." Members could always be kicked or even banned from the chatroom for being pests.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

a chat room Empty so far i,ve logged on a few times...

Post by chefjimmy Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 am

well i,m not sure the purpose but so far i,ve logged into the chatroom about 4-5 times and havnt seen a soul...but hopefully this will change during tounament dates n times and would probably be great way to keep up on the tourneys progress.
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:55 am

chefjimmy wrote:well i,m not sure the purpose but so far i,ve logged into the chatroom about 4-5 times and havnt seen a soul...but hopefully this will change during tounament dates n times and would probably be great way to keep up on the tourneys progress.

Ok, Ok........ I give up lol! Where is the link or area to find our chat room? I've been poking around and haven't been able to find a place to enter the chat room... HELP! LOL Razz
datsme53
datsme53

Back to top Go down

Post by ThugClub Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:19 am

ive never really used a chat room in a forum, lol prolly coz ive got nothin to say, or nothin worth listenin 2, ive thought about puttin up a blog somewhere called paid,made and laid in Adelaide, sort of life in the rough lane that some people arent used to as i hang around some hardcore people,
i suppose if there was a chat here id pop in every now and again to use it, but it seems for the amount of people loggin in, ud think there would be more posts, so the chat room might be pretty vacant.

ThugClub

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:52 pm

ThugClub wrote:... ive thought about puttin up a blog somewhere called paid,made and laid in Adelaide...

You've got your first follower. Let me know when you get the blog up and running. I'll subscribe to it and we also ought to be able to link to it here on the forum.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo2003 Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:55 pm

I believe the chat room would be a lot more successful if it didnt boot people so quickly for being idle. Its nice to chat while playing in tournaments but sometimes takes a few minutes if you have a few good hands in a row.

steveo2003

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:55 pm

steveo2003 wrote:I believe the chat room would be a lot more successful if it didnt boot people so quickly for being idle. Its nice to chat while playing in tournaments but sometimes takes a few minutes if you have a few good hands in a row.

Well.. if your worried about being booted... just type in a dot . and enter it. you will be refreshed with a full amount of time. Very Happy

Really doesn't take much to get back in either really. Your just a click away. It has to be set up to boot out ones who don't chat after a certain amount of time. It can get cluttered up very easily and if it does the chat box will jump around a bit when it gets too busy... thus the reason for the time constraint. It's self policing. Smile
datsme53
datsme53

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down