Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Another T.B.D. Challenge - $0 to $1

+2
chefjimmy
The Big Donk
6 posters

Go down

Another T.B.D. Challenge - $0 to $1 Empty Another T.B.D. Challenge - $0 to $1

Post by The Big Donk Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:30 pm

Place: RPM Poker
Date: February 23rd, 2009

Okay, so here's the deal. It just recently came to my attention that RPM Poker is a USA Friendly online poker site. How I haven't realized this before, I do not know.

So I just opened an account on RPM Poker. I will now attempt to grind that $0 up at least $1. However, this is going to be a real challenge. The freerolls that they run have 1,500 entrants, and only pay out to the top 10 finishers. Those odds create some super duper slim odds. So I'm going to give myself a couple, or maybe a few weeks to try to make something happen. I'll play as many of the freerolls as possible, and try to buck the near impossible odds.

Another thought that came to mind is that we have not had any Donkhard freerolls on RPM. So to improve my odds of cashing, I'm pushing for some RPM Donkhard Freerolls.

If I can manage to earn any cash freerolling in the next couple to few weeks, I will then set a new goal. Each time I reach or pass a certain goal, my next goal will be to double my current bankroll. If I don't have any luck freerolling, I'll go ahead and make a small deposit to get started in some real money games. Some added boosts I'll get from depositing include the 100% deposit bonus and entry into the $1,000 First Depositor Freerolls, plus the added benefit of being able to play in some of the other freerolls available only to real money players.

I noticed that they also have some 3 step SNG freerolls, but these require some sort of a coupon that I neither have nor know how to get.

So here I go again. Starting off at another $0. My first game was a $50 Badugi Freeroll, which I played horribly. My next game starts in about an hour; a $50 NL Hold 'em tournament.

For those who may be wondering, I will still also be running my $10,000 Challenge on Doyle's Room along with this new challenge on RPM Poker.

If anyone would like to follow along, root me on, or play along, click here to join RPM Poker.

See you at the tables!

Date: February 23rd, 2009
Current Goal: $1
Current Bankroll: $0
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Another T.B.D. Challenge - $0 to $1 Empty a buck huh?ok heres my take

Post by chefjimmy Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:01 am

wished i had read more and i wouldnt have asked if it was us friendly...n 1500 peeps...well its a few but its not the 4-8k peeps you see elsewhere...but tdb if its just a few bucks your looking for i,m staring at the set of rockets next to my player name thinking hmmm we could work something out.....on a serious note...ok rpms usa friendly...do you get a perk if i use your link use no bonus code but make a deposit?
chefjimmy
chefjimmy
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Another T.B.D. Challenge - $0 to $1 Empty Re: Another T.B.D. Challenge - $0 to $1

Post by slyone66 Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:31 am

i had that site downloaded, didn t like it at all. the payouts are really crap, considering the odds. it's the same as reefer and cabon. i now only have carbon downloaded. i cleaned out all my junk poker sites which is what i call them at the beginning of year. i am sticking with the ones that i have profited from.there are to many poker sites out there and all they were doing is taking up way to much space on my computer. which has been burning up lately. gl on your goal BD
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Another T.B.D. Challenge - $0 to $1 Empty Re: Another T.B.D. Challenge - $0 to $1

Post by The Big Donk Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:45 pm

Date: February 24th, 2009

Well thank you for the good luck wishes folks. I'll need some serious luck here for sure.

My next game starts in 45 mins. It'll be another NLHE freeroll. So far, no luck. Bankroll still at $0.

Date: February 24th, 2009
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:32 pm

Date: March 1st, 2009

Here I go about to make another attempt to get that $1 on RPM Poker. The next freeroll is a $50 PL Badugi game starting in about 45 minutes.

There are still a few seats left, so if you're wanting to play, get to RPM and sign up quick.

If you want to watch me donk, er I mean play, my screen name is TheBigDonk.

Good luck, me!

Date: March 1st, 2009
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:18 am

Allow me to bring you up to speed. I have won nothing. You are now up to speed.

So far it's all just dust and tumbleweeds blowing around my RPM bankroll. Those Merge public freerolls are a tough nut to crack. I'm thinking we need some donkhard freerolls for better payouts and odds.

Date: April 15th, 2009
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:59 pm

ive cracked the merge freerolls a couple of times tbd so if i can do it u surely can well gl with ur challenge any hoot .

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Well.... now that we are up to speed... lol... I'll have to confess.. I tried some of these to no avail! 10 places for all those entrants is very tough. I have reached the top 20 twice, but wasn't a real threat to go further. I got discouraged and went on to seek easier game.. .lol! On Carbon my best was an 11th on Badugi, but it was a while ago. Trucker... your the man! Any cash finish in those is a win! Good luck to you TBD... I'm a think I'm played out with em.... lol! Smile
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:54 pm

i never play the freerolls on any of the merge sites, like you said tough nut to crack. i do have rpm downloaded, have 1 league game there a month. i could use a boost to my bankroll there so if you are planning to host a game there i will be more than happy to join you. hope you get a cash, i'm sure your going to be all business there during the donkhard game so i will step aside if we meet up ion the table. don't wanna get ran over.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Another T.B.D. Challenge - $0 to $1 Empty another T.B.D. challenge $0-$1

Post by Surf Rat Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 pm

What a Face so I see no new posts to this since april 15th...did you achieve your goal thru the freerolls or did you give in and deposit there? have you done well? what are you up to $$$ there? is it a good site? did you get them to put up donkhard freerolls there? I play on PDC poker(carbon)mostly also Reefer poker and WASS poker on the merge network and I know they share the common network freerolls so I guess the freerolls on RPM are the same that are shared thruout the merge network community so they fill up fast ...but 1500 people is not that many for a $50 freeroll compared to other sites I've played and only paying off the top 10 makes for bigger payouts .....the toughest thing is to get past the first hour of allin bingo and pure lucky players with a enough of a stack of chipies to compete for the run to the final 10 ....they are tuff but winable..... I am loathe to brag how many freerolls (NLHE/BADUGI) I have won on PDC or at least made the final table (ITM) on the other two sites(done fair on a few other sites/networks too Very Happy ) since starting to really reguarlly play poker this past september(you only get one green ribbon for placeing first per merge skin tho....ratzz),as for the 3 step sit 'n goes to win a buck ...you get your coupon in the player Admin section(bottom of lobby page)then under the my account-click on play money in the drop out menu and exchange $250 in play money for your fun step 1 coupon....you can have up to 10 chances at the fun steps per day......you can also top up to $1000 in play money once each day.
Surf Rat
Surf Rat
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down