Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Online Ace by Fishman

3 posters

Go down

Online Ace by Fishman Empty Online Ace by Fishman

Post by 25jb25 Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:46 pm

He does not go into a lot of detail about calculating odds but it is a good book for beginners and it is mostly about online play.

25jb25
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Online Ace by Fishman Empty Re: Online Ace by Fishman

Post by datsme53 Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:21 am

I was just doing a little research this week on Fischman... Here is an article on him. Some interesting things about him, what others in the poker world have said, and an interesting quote from him too.... check it out. His book might be an interesting read for sure. I think I'd like to check out the 4 pages dedicated to Badugi.

Fischman's 'Online Ace' Tackles Winning Online Poker

by Howard Schwartz
Chris Ferguson says Scott Fischman is the perfect person to teach online poker, that he is a guy who, in fact, can train you for anything — from your local home game to the world’s richest events."

Online Ace -- A World Series of Poker Champion’s Guide to Mastering Internet Poker

In order of mention, Fischman, who Doyle Brunson considers one of
the sharpest, most intelligent players of this generation, presents
nine major areas of online play, including game selection and money management; basic strategy; Sit-n-Gos; Intermediate Strategy; Multi-Table tournaments; Multi-tabling; advanced concepts.

Along the way, Fischman introduces world-class players who have an impact on his game, via observation, facing these world-class gentlemen or by lessons learned from them. These include Carlos Mortensen, Mike Mizrachi Mark Seif and Tom Keller.

Fischman smartly presents questions or problems and answers them clearly, with examples, logic and in an easy-to-follow format. He admits to reading very little about poker or hold’em when he began playing. Much of what he learned was in actual play and through the Internet which he believes has “radically” changed the learning process. He may be right, and he adds, “A novice can become a seasoned veteran in a matter of weeks. The length of time it takes to become a great player can now be measured in months instead of years.”

This book has little if anything in the way of odds, probabilities or theories. It’s more about learning and improving.

“Contrary to popular belief, there is no ‘right’ way to play poker,”
Fischman says. “There is only the opportunity to develop a style that will work for you.”

The book’s focus is on shortcuts for improvement of play. He includes advice from some of his top online playing friends.

For those who hunger for material on sit-n-gos, the chapter is a 17-pager, and there’s material for those who want to play seven-card stud and seven stud hi lo split; razz (seven-card stud for low only) and the new game called badugi (making the best possible low hand using four cards—you must use one card from
each suit and you cannot use pairs). Badugi gets four pages of
attention from Fischman, but it’s more than any other book has at this time.

Bound to be controversial, this book may be the “sleeper” of the
year because he takes the contrarian viewpoint on many subjects—a sure road to upsetting “the establishment” of writers and theorists.

Last edited by datsme53 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing)
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:02 pm

i tailored my sng strategy to the style that scottie instructed. he is a very easy read unlike some poker players. he is also on full tilt on a regular basis if anyone wants to view him playing live online. i think he is a must read for anybody that plays sngs regularly.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down