Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

last night is my bad beat day.

+3
datsme53
illphillllllll
acejeiz
7 posters

Go down

last night is my bad beat day. Empty last night is my bad beat day.

Post by acejeiz Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:43 pm

i joined live tournament with 50 players and some alternates. chip stack is 3000 and blinds starts at 25-50. my chip reached 5k+. then suddenly a short stack player moves all in. i was in the small blind with AJ. i think im ahead so i called. he showed a8 offsuit. so im ahead. the flop comes J 10 2. then the turn comes 9. omg. he got his open ended straight draw. then the river comes 7 f*ck he's so lucky. so i lost some chips but still have 4000 more. then continue to my strategy. wait for nice cards. im in the big blind now. as i expected. the button raiser will raise my blinds and he moves all in. he was doing that over and over again. i got AQ of clubs at the BB. thinking i am ahead. so i called. he showed me A6 of hearts. the flop shows a 5 2. he doesn't have his flush draw so im not worried. the turn comes A. im a big favorite to win this hand. he have 3 outs to win and 6 outs to split. then the worst card comes on the river. the 6 of diamonds OMG.

acejeiz
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

last night is my bad beat day. Empty Re: last night is my bad beat day.

Post by illphillllllll Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:06 pm

they live beats are much worse than online, can't just jump into another game. on the bright side you played great and most of the time you would have been sitting on a big stack. the way you described the game seems like easy money. what was the buy in and payouts.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Ouch! Sounds like some beats I've taken lately getting deep into tournaments! Shocked I agree with Philly.... live tourneys are very different than online for sure. It's not like you can just jump into another tourney when you catch a bad beat and get knocked out. Keep playing like that and it won't always happen bad for you like that. You seem to be playing winning poker....it doesn't always mean that you will win, but over the long haul... you will do fine! Smile
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

last night is my bad beat day. Empty bad beaten to death

Post by chefjimmy Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:01 pm

look i,m not going to go into the very core of how well i can relate,but last night in 2 hands i lost 50.00 ahead preflop,flop,turn....anyone know if they got maybe old maid tourneys?
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:42 pm

last night is my bad beat day. Badbeatrllfinished on the bubble after having my pocket 10's called by pocket 5's. i felt the amount of chips i had was enough to take down the blinds no problem, but i guess people like small pocket pairs. the fellow that eliminated me is the online player that i have repeatedly been knocked out of tourny's by, my online nemesis, lol.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Back to top Go down

last night is my bad beat day. Empty no final table for me

Post by illphillllllll Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:05 am

last night is my bad beat day. Fulltiltbubbleget it all in good preflop, have him dominated to a three outer. he hits it and sends me packing. this week has been full of this for me. i felt i had a good chance to take this tourny down if i win the hand. was a good finish in a big field but i strive for greatness.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:14 pm

took my biggest heartbreaker of the week today on rpm. top 3 in the money finished 4th after my flopped Q lost to a rivered K. i only play once a month on rpm so the cash would have been big for me being i'm broke on the site. the guy who was second in chips went out next hand against the chipleader which made it that much more frustrating.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:23 pm

illphillllllll wrote:took my biggest heartbreaker of the week today on rpm. top 3 in the money finished 4th after my flopped Q lost to a rivered K. i only play once a month on rpm so the cash would have been big for me being i'm broke on the site. the guy who was second in chips went out next hand against the chipleader which made it that much more frustrating.

Old man river! I wish he'd drown... lol! It doesn't seem like I ever get his benefit, but sure do get his wrath! LOL! That's what we get for going in with the best hand all the time.. LOL! Your playing great Philly... just keep it going your on a roll... tough to take that one from the money beat, but hey... there is another tourney on the horizon! Hey, you quailfied for the Sunday Grand at Doyles... could be very good cash potential there!
datsme53
datsme53

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:27 am

last night is my bad beat day. Rpmbubblei calmed down a little, enough to go back and take a pic. tourny had 25 entrants.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Back to top Go down

last night is my bad beat day. Empty Hurts to get so close.

Post by k9ofspades Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:00 pm

I think the bad beat I remember best is losing an all in with pockets kings to Ace 10 to the chip leader at a satellite. left in 5th top 3 got through. If my kings hold up I would have been in 2nd in chip count about double 5th. The prize was the big weekend tourney at Carbon. Know the feeling Philly.

Regards Guy
k9ofspades
k9ofspades
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim1982 Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:59 pm

wow thats really sad when u lose with hands like that, dam river cards hurt, sorry to hear about your loss man, you'll get them next time! Smile

Kim1982

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:47 am

sums up my day my day perfectly. yesterday had an amazing day, part of my great week/month. today couldn't do nothing right, had 1 lousy cash and a satellite ticket. played some ring for a bit but decide i should quit while i was ahead. hopefully i can wake up refreshed tomorrow. i am expecting to really boost my pitbull roll tomorrow and will be highly dissapointed if i don't.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Like Me Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:08 am

this thread makes me sad...ive felt em too many times
Not Like Me
Not Like Me

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down