Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Just a thought

4 posters

Go down

Just a thought Empty Just a thought

Post by 8FOCUS8 Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:11 pm

How often to do we hear how important confidence is? Whether it is in life or in poker being confident is a crucial element in succeeding. I find myself becoming more and more confident each time I sit down to play. I think a lot of that comes from my desire to learn this great game.” I am confident in my ability to learn; therefore I am confident in my ability to win”. I often wonder what is going through the minds of all those reckless players we come across everyday. Do they really believe that getting lucky here and there with idiotic moves like moving all in on the first hand of a MTT with K10off is something that will get them to the promise land? I mean those of us that really play this game play to win, right? We play to make $ not loose it! We that play are the underdogs to the minefields of weak minded individuals that only seek the rush of gambling. Playing on-line in low limit venues that is. But we the underdogs are strong because we desire to learn, to be great, to grow or game beyond levels the average player could never understand. So I ask you this What have you learned today? Teach me!

8FOCUS8
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Just a thought Empty RE: Just a thought

Post by datsme53 Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Confidence is indeed an element in our daily lives as well as on the poker table that can enrich you. It can be learned over time with experience best, I think. The more you do things and do them right and have success with those experiences, the more confidence you will gain.

In poker, confidence is a mainstay. Without it success is very difficult at best. Knowing that you played the tournament, the hand, each street you crossed right, will give you the confidence you need to play each and every time you sit down to a game. It will be very difficult to succeed consistently in poker if you question your ability to make the right decision. You can't be afraid of getting your chips in when you strongly believe you have the best hand going in. Confidence will help that part of your game excel. Sure, the bad beats will always be there, but knowing you brought your best decision to the table is really what it's all about. Emotions can play in a big part of the game. Learning to control our emotions is also very important too. We can't always be perfect in our assessment of every situation. That's the challenge we face when we sit down to the game of poker. I guess that's why I love this game.
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought

Post by illphillllllll Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:59 pm

i agree you have to be confident in whatever you do to be successful. sometimes when we are running bad it is our lack of confidence that keeps us from getting out the hole. as for trying to figure whats going on in a donks mind, don't bother i can tell you. they are hoping to win, just like the good players are hoping to not get unlucky.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Just a thought Empty Just a thought

Post by darkstar Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:03 am

i agree but i will tell that being to confident can also back fire im not saying all of the time but it dose happen well to me anyway so just watch your self

darkstar
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down