Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

your thoughts on the best poker room online

+16
Minimouse448
KEVINfromHB
AznHoa
Not Like Me
Surf Rat
k9ofspades
Aqqachar
from_fresno
tukie
jimbeam77
The Big Donk
illphillllllll
slyone66
chefjimmy
datsme53
darkstar
20 posters

Go down

your thoughts on the best poker room online Empty your thoughts on the best poker room online

Post by darkstar Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:46 pm

hey guys well i only play at absolute poker well cause i love it there and i will never stop playing there cause well i have just got good out of the place so far but i would just like to see what other rooms i could sing up for i just want to sing up for one more but first id like to see what u guys have to say about all the rooms and wich one i should go for and the one or ones i should stay away form thanks : darkstar

darkstar
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on the best poker room online Empty Re: your thoughts on the best poker room online

Post by datsme53 Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:02 am

That is a toughy to pin down. I like different poker rooms for different reasons. Bodog comes to mind for some things.... you can get Bodog poker points just for playing. Doesn't matter what you play be it real money rings and tourneys, freerolls, or just play money rings and tourneys.... you get Bodog Poker Points at the rate of 1 per hour of play. Heck that's the way I covered my initial bonus there ... lol! Once you get 500 points(I have 527)... (minimum amount to cash in) you can cash it in for $5! That amounts to $.01 per hour of play if you save em up and don't spend em on entries to tourneys. They have 2 $500 freerolls a day(payout is 63 places with max of 5000) They have a Points $500 freeroll that cost 30 points to enter..a good value in my opinion... not a lot of entrants in this one.

I like PokerStars for their 2K Weekly Final, but it takes a grind to make the qualifiers, but when you do its a good chance at adding to the bankroll. They have a wide variety of games to play also... any poker game, just about anyway, can be found there with the most players online anywhere.

Doyles used to be my favorite poker site for many reasons, but the switch to Cake made it a much less favorite for me. The reincarnation of the Sunday Grand has made me start to like it better again now. They said one day maybe the Quick Draws might come back, with buddy list and chat like the old Doyles... that would make a big improvement for me. They have rings from micro to large stakes now too.. so it's trying to come back some.

Tilt has its good things ... the new micro is attractive ... and they have a lot of players on line now too.

I think several others have one thing or another that I like, so I just try to pick out the best parts of some of them and go from there.
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on the best poker room online Empty my favorite poker site

Post by chefjimmy Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:11 am

i use to like others for other reasons..but if you play cash,and more specifically,if you, been at it so long on so many sites then rakeback isnt easy to get...so i,m left with choosing a site that takes care of players who spend money with them..for me its a no brainer..carbon poker gives me more bang for my buck,
chefjimmy
chefjimmy
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on the best poker room online Empty Re: your thoughts on the best poker room online

Post by slyone66 Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:17 am

i think poker stars is the best site out there, they have a good amount of tourneys and seem to have a good following. but doyles seems to be growing too now that it got away from microgaming...
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:27 am

i will play poker whever there is money to be made period. if i had to choose which site is the best it would be pokerstars hands down. they have the best tourny selection and a lot of ring action. if your looking to win a big tourny stars is where you want to look.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on the best poker room online Empty your thoughts on the best poker room online

Post by darkstar Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:06 pm

so thanks guys well i am still not sure what one im going to go for but id like to add i am going to be seting it up as a rake account too and if any of u ever played at absolute poker im looking for pretty much the same stuff same games like rings and turneys so what im saying is which site is most like absolute poker ? and oh yeah which site is it that gives the 33% for rakeback there only one that gives the 33% ?

darkstar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:23 pm

I don't know if you've already got an Ultimate Bet account, but if not, that'd be your best bet for "Most Like Absolute Poker." They're on the same network, so you'll get all of the same exact games, tables, tournies, players, promotions, etc.

If that's a no-go, I'd recommend either BetUS Poker, which is on the Cake network, or Full Tilt.

BetUS is probably closest in size as far as players go to the old AP back before they joined with UB on the Cereus Network. Not quite as good of a tourney selection though, especially if you're into micro-buy-in tournaments.

For a better tourney selection, Full Tilt is not a bad choice. The fields can be pretty big in some of them, but often the fields aren't as overwhelming as a couple of the largest sites. They also offer a good selection of micro-stakes ring, sng's, and tournaments, as well as regular big buy-in games and guarantees. I'm a fan of the token frenzy games. Once you get a token, the trick is to find the best value. The one I used to play was the 28K Guarantee, not sure if that one's still running though or what changes may have been made to the Guarantee/payout structure. Probably the one thing you've got to get used to on FT is the goofy-ass avatars, but they'll grow on you after a while.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:35 pm

there is a lot of sites out there i have like 16 and like them all but full tilt pokerstars and players only i play on the most absolute used to play a lot just lost interest in it for a while everything goes in cycles .

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbeam77 Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:45 pm

my favorite is Full Tilt Exclamation
jimbeam77
jimbeam77
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tukie Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:40 pm

I would have to say Doyles is my favorite. I would like to know if Bodog now accepts Canadian players. I tried to get that site but I heard they would be accepting Canadians eventually but not sure if they do yet. Anybody know cause I'd like to try them out.

tukie

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by from_fresno Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:11 pm

it all depends on what yo are looking for

if you want low limit games poker stars is the best

if you want small field mtt fulltilt is the best

i like bodog alot

but i will have to say pokerstars

from_fresno
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqqachar Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:00 pm

Mine favorite is full tilt. Pokerstars is nice too.

Aqqachar
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on the best poker room online Empty Re Bodog

Post by k9ofspades Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:36 pm

tukie wrote:I would have to say Doyles is my favorite. I would like to know if Bodog now accepts Canadian players. I tried to get that site but I heard they would be accepting Canadians eventually but not sure if they do yet. Anybody know cause I'd like to try them out.

I tried to join on Feb 20 and they did not accept us at that time. I sent them an e-mail just now to see if they accept Canadians. I will let you know what reply I get.

Regards Guy
k9ofspades
k9ofspades

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by darkstar Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:13 am

well thanks guys i did finly go with UB because its most like ap but hey still keep post about the other sites cause u never know i might just set up another one.

darkstar

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on the best poker room online Empty thoughts on best poker room online

Post by Surf Rat Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:17 pm

What a Face here is one I do not see commented on here that I like and that is Poker Time(microgameing network)not alot of fluff,easy interface menu and readable lobby ,they have a $100 freeroll every 4 and a quarter to 5 hours they can be a bit tuff as the field averages 2500+ but it has a wide if not small payouts structure (starts at top 260 .15 cents-- 1st gets $13.50) and a wide variaty of good size $$$$(4 figure) guaranteed tournys without the outrageous feilds of players(most around 2500 allowed but most have around 1000 players or less) and it averages about 4000 to 7000 players online so the sit 'n go's and ring games are always going..... now I know they have again stopped takeing USA players but since your a canadian they probablly take you no prob's Cool ....I got in when they had again started signing up USA poker players awhile back.
Surf Rat
Surf Rat

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Like Me Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:48 am

I play exclusively at Full Tilt Poker for many reasons.

The ring games are always bountiful and filled with salmon and tuna, the tournament selection is vast and the limits range from $0.10 to $1000+, enticing certain people in different ways, there's always action to be found and their support is almost immediate. Happy hour points, Iron man freerolls/medals, the list is endless. Hell, even railing the super high stakes games can be fun once in awhile. Don't see that at Bodog lol
Not Like Me
Not Like Me

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by AznHoa Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:31 pm

My #1 favorite is Full Tilt because you can play with play money and turn it into real money with the everyday 500k play money $40 tournament. Also, the freerolls there you can play are good, only won one took 5th place with $4, but still god. Just need to play good in the freerolls because most are donks and at the end ppl play hella tight just to place, so just do yo thing.
Good Site! Laughing Laughing
AznHoa
AznHoa

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KEVINfromHB Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:37 pm

My favorite has always been FTP, but I do like pitbull...mostly because i have won a lot in their freerolls, and I like reefer, because they have a cool free step sit n go that pays real cash.
KEVINfromHB
KEVINfromHB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://goodcleanfun.nicetheme.com

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on the best poker room online Empty Great sites

Post by Minimouse448 Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:46 pm

datsme53 wrote:That is a toughy to pin down. I like different poker rooms for different reasons. Bodog comes to mind for some things.... you can get Bodog poker points just for playing. Doesn't matter what you play be it real money rings and tourneys, freerolls, or just play money rings and tourneys.... you get Bodog Poker Points at the rate of 1 per hour of play. Heck that's the way I covered my initial bonus there ... lol! Once you get 500 points(I have 527)... (minimum amount to cash in) you can cash it in for $5! That amounts to $.01 per hour of play if you save em up and don't spend em on entries to tourneys. They have 2 $500 freerolls a day(payout is 63 places with max of 5000) They have a Points $500 freeroll that cost 30 points to enter..a good value in my opinion... not a lot of entrants in this one.

I like PokerStars for their 2K Weekly Final, but it takes a grind to make the qualifiers, but when you do its a good chance at adding to the bankroll. They have a wide variety of games to play also... any poker game, just about anyway, can be found there with the most players online anywhere.

Doyles used to be my favorite poker site for many reasons, but the switch to Cake made it a much less favorite for me. The reincarnation of the Sunday Grand has made me start to like it better again now. They said one day maybe the Quick Draws might come back, with buddy list and chat like the old Doyles... that would make a big improvement for me. They have rings from micro to large stakes now too.. so it's trying to come back some.

Tilt has its good things ... the new micro is attractive ... and they have a lot of players on line now too.

I think several others have one thing or another that I like, so I just try to pick out the best parts of some of them and go from there.
Hello, Unlike Abosulte poker when you get Booted from these tourneys in Bodog, Full Tilt and pokerstars, they will always let you back in the tourney. My intenet goes in N out here with this Verizon and I never get cancelled from one of their games. Might get far behind but seat is reserved for me. So if you like Absolute then try moving on to better protection, never loose a tourney and play fast rolling Games. Good Luck, wishing Well........... MINI
Minimouse448
Minimouse448

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on the best poker room online Empty favorites

Post by Nutz-R-Gutz Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:19 pm

I would have to say my favorites in order would be bodog, pitbill, full tilt, and carbon with all being really close to each other for their own reasons.

Nutz-R-Gutz

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by blackulakingz Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:26 am

The tilt hands down for me....I also play at absolute poker and pokerstars...but i the tilt is tops for me
blackulakingz
blackulakingz

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by thehogster65 Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:49 am

Don't know which room is the best, but I know that any room that I'm at is where the easy money is. I like to spread the wealth around all over and am a real easy mark. PEACE OUT
thehogster65
thehogster65

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by pokerbooster Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:20 am

I think i posted this allready on another thread someone asking.. but i would say between cake poker and Full Tilt.
Full Tilt has 1.25 sit n gos 6 handed. I can not get enough of them .. so easy to place in
and cake has the gold card feature where when u sitting at cash games.. your table can randomly win one. You can turn them in for lottery tourments and other prizes

pokerbooster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down