Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Nick's Tilt Blues

Go down

Nick's Tilt Blues Empty Nick's Tilt Blues

Post by Not Like Me Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 am

Well here goes, ladies and gentlemen...

If you haven't had the pleasure...I mean....displeasure (what was I thinking)...of witnessing our most resident member (NicolasWSOP) and his string of bad luck, this thread should provide ample opportunity to shed light into the world's most (un)luckiest man since Frane Selak.

If you don't know who Frane Selak is, I'll provide a little backround information:

Born in Croatia in 1929, this man probably holds the world record for fatal accident escapes. Some of his claims include:

- In January, 1962, Selak was traveling via train from Sarajevo to Dubrovnik. However, the train had suddenly derailed
and plunged into an icy river, killing 17 passengers. Selak managed to escape, and only suffered a broken arm
and minor scrapes and bruises.
- The following year, while traveling by airplane from Zagreb to Rijeka, the door blew away from the cockpit,
forcing him out of the plane. Although 19 others were killed, he suffered only minor injuries and had
miraculously landed in a haystack.
- In 1966, he was riding on a bus that crashed and plunged into a river. Four others were killed, but Selak managed
to escape unharmed.
- In 1970, he managed to escape before a faulty fuel pump engulfed his car into flames.
- In 1973, another of Selak's cars caught fire, forcing fire through the air vents. He suffered no injuries,
except for the loss of most of his hair.
- In 1995, he was hit by a city bus, but once again suffered minor injuries.
- In 1996 he escaped when he drove off a cliff to escape an oncoming truck. He managed to land in a tree,
and watched as his car exploded 300 feet below him.

How does our fellow Nick relate to this old resident of Croatia you ask? Well, in 2003, Mr. Selak FINALLY escaped the clutches of unfortunate circumstances to the tune of winning a Croatian lottery for a cool $1,000,000! Which leads us to our pal NicolasWSOP.

So Nick, from myself and the rest of the Donks, I just want you to know that your bad luck cannot last forever. Solid play has gotten you the respect of the elder members, and with age comes experience, and with experience will come the patience. Once you're able to combine these facets along with other knowledge of the game I have no doubt you'll begin to start winning, and winning often.

Until then, please feel free to post all your bad beat stories, the n3wb plays of other players, and anything else generally related to your misfortunes at the poker table. Not only will they provide us with fodder in the chat room *giggles*, it might also start giving you retrospect on how you play/how you should have played/how you shouldn't of played.

Take this thread with a grain of salt, because myself along with the rest of the core members are looking forward to the days where you rule atop the leaderboards with an iron first. We joke because we care, and we want to see you do well. Especially myself, since you can start paying back some of the stakes you've...ahem...'borrowed'.
Not Like Me
Not Like Me
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down