Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Leaving for Thanksgiving week! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

+2
Roller
datsme53
6 posters

Go down

Leaving for Thanksgiving week! Happy Thanksgiving to all! Empty Leaving for Thanksgiving week! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Post by datsme53 Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Well... I'll be leaving in 8 hours for Springfield,MO. Going to my mothers for the Thanksgiving holiday..and won't be back until Sunday the 29th. I have a brother and 2 sisters that live there also. We will have a lot of family there for this one. Expecting somewhere over 30 hungry faces lol! Big tradition in our family. Have only missed one of these since I've been married.... some 33 years.. lol!

I wish everyone here at Donkhard a very Happy Thanksgiving Holiday! As we all sit down on Thanksgiving Day... let's all give thanks for the many blessings we all have. Many people all over the world are not nearly as fortunate as we are.. so we need to be truely thankful, and wish the best possible for everyone.

I am thankful for the great family I have been so fortunate to be a part of. I am one of 9 children in our family.. so there have been some Thanksgivings that ALL of us where there, which is pretty remarkable considering how far apart some of us are. This Thanksgiving will be one to hold special meaning for me. I have a sister that has cervical cancer and has been going through the ringer that last 6 months. She has started a clinical trial that will last each day this week with the exception of Thanksgiving Day. Her hair is thining and will likely be mostly or all gone by the day of our family dinner. She has an amazing attitude toward her situation. It's really amazing how she is dealing with all this. I ask myself why and I've asked God why. I know and believe that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is not immediately realized, but we all hope and pray for her each day.

Please keep my sister Patricia, in your hearts and prayers as she fights the good fight. I know that it is not something that she will likely recover from, but hope is a mainstay.. and we do have hope and pray things will come out for the best. Hard to type this right now... but if Patricia were here.. she would scold me and tell me that all will be for the best. She is very detemined to beat this and if she doesn't win this battle.. her hope is that she will help someone else in this fight against cancer. It really makes me wonder how this disease works. She has never smoked, drank, or done anything that could be considered something that would make her susceptible to it, but as we all know... cancer has no boundaries.

Gotta go for now. Everyone have a great and safe holiday! If your traveling, please drive carefully and have a lot of good family fun! Don't eat too much.... I should heed this advise...lol!

Leaving for Thanksgiving week! Happy Thanksgiving to all! Arg-cat-on-table-happy-thanksgiving-url

Leaving for Thanksgiving week! Happy Thanksgiving to all! Dintable
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Leaving for Thanksgiving week! Happy Thanksgiving to all! Empty Re: Leaving for Thanksgiving week! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Post by Roller Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:43 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Dats.

Your Sister will be in my prayers ......

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Roller
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Leaving for Thanksgiving week! Happy Thanksgiving to all! Empty Re: Leaving for Thanksgiving week! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Post by chefjimmy Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Give your family my best and have a safe and happy holiday!
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:37 pm

you and your family are in my prayers bud, have a great holiday.
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasWSOP Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:38 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
NicolasWSOP
NicolasWSOP
Member Rank: Quads
Member Rank: Quads

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbeam77 Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:54 am

HAPPY TURKEY DAY
jimbeam77
jimbeam77
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down