Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Where to build a bankroll?

3 posters

Go down

Where to build a bankroll? Empty Where to build a bankroll?

Post by ryodejaneiro Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:04 am

I've been following TBD and 10Zav's Ferguson quest and I'm thinking of starting mine as well since after 5 hours of playing in yesterday's $100 US freeroll on FullTilt, I have $9 in my account. I also have 2 tourney dollars from the Ferguson Satellite as well but haven't really considered that to be cash (but if I convert the 2 tourney bucks into cash, that'll give me $1.90).

Anyway, I didn't mean to play 5+ hours but wasn't doing much last night and somehow I kept on winning enough to play through.

Just a quick recap - after the 2nd and 3rd hours, I was in the top 10 in chips but then made some mistakes, got busted down to the middle of the pack (top 40 out of 100/150 players) and had to grind my way out the rest of the tourney. In fact, with the top 27 places getting paid, I was on the bubble in 28th place out of 28 players left. Luckily on the BB, I was able to see a flop with QJ suited since another player limped in. I flopped top pair and decided to shove and the player folded, picking up some much needed chips to survive. Surprised After placing ITM I couldn't play with much aggression since I was almost always short stacked - so essentially shove all in and hope that I survive (guess that's one form of aggression though!).

So my FT account has $9 (plus 2 tourney dollars). I also have about $15 on PokerStars and another $25 on Bodog - again, mainly through freerolls.

My question to you all is, which place do you think I should try to build my bankroll? As you can see, I've started already but haven't picked a primary place to play in, a big reason why my bankroll isn't growing I think. I'm leaning towards FT since I've more or less started from scratch there recently. Any suggestions?

Also, I haven't made any deposits yet but plan to do so once I hit either the $50 or $100 mark.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Where to build a bankroll? Empty Re: Where to build a bankroll?

Post by 10Zav01 Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:15 am

I don't know about Bodog, but I know Poker Stars does not offer Rake back, but full tilt does... I played on there 2 years or so with a bankroll (though i went nuts and lost it)
but the added $7 to $10 from rakeback does help.

10Zav01
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:48 pm

Good point, I had not considered rakeback while trying to determine which poker room to use as my primary. I'm probably going to steer clear of Bodog since I've heard so many poor experiences with withdrawing and glitches in the software as well. Any other thoughts guys?
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 10Zav01 Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:15 pm

I would also suggest that if you can easily move money from online cardroom to online cardroom that you take advantage of the first time depositor bonuses... I know a lot of people have done this, and just by clearing bonuses and moving them to other sites with bonuses have gained a nice bankroll that way...

too bad i can't Sad lol

10Zav01

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by sickfkr Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:16 pm

were the heck is every1 at fkn work welll lets get to sum poker

sickfkr
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down