Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Who's the most underrated [famous] pro?

+5
chefjimmy
ReadChomsky
The Big Donk
dijwaila
ryodejaneiro
9 posters

Go down

Who's the most underrated [famous] pro? Empty Who's the most underrated [famous] pro?

Post by ryodejaneiro Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:35 pm

In my opinion, it's Erik Seidel - 8 WSOP bracelets and a WPT title. He was also runner up Johnny Chan in the 1988 Main Event as well. We can go on and on about who's the most overrated, but the underrated pro discussion seems to be more interesting.

What do you all think?
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Who's the most underrated [famous] pro? Empty Re: Who's the most underrated [famous] pro?

Post by dijwaila Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 am

or mason malmeuth ... he's even written books, very good ones ... but doesn't go for the spotlight or focus on no limit texas hold'em. check out his work if you're into stud poker ... he's influenced a lot of the well known players, but isn't well known himself.

Last edited by dijwaila on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Who's the most underrated [famous] pro? Empty Re: Who's the most underrated [famous] pro?

Post by ryodejaneiro Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:49 pm

Cool - I'll definitely have to take a look and I'll keep an eye out for his books. The name sounds a bit familiar though, I'm not sure when or where I've heard the name.

...Malmuth...Malmuth...Oh this is gonna drive me nuts until I figure out how I know that name! And it may not even be from poker!! Suspect
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:32 pm

ryodejaneiro wrote:
...Malmuth...Malmuth...Oh this is gonna drive me nuts until I figure out how I know that name! And it may not even be from poker!! Suspect

He wrote a few books with David Sklansky, "Action" Dan Harrington, and Ed Miller among others. You'll find them on Amazon.com, or on my bookshelf or my HD.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadChomsky Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm

I like the pick of Eric Seidel. Since a lot of the NY guys don't try to attract attention to themselves the way the Vegas guys do they tend to fall under the radar. That also goes for Mickey Appleman, who has four or five WSOP bracelets.

ReadChomsky
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Who's the most underrated [famous] pro? Empty the most underated player

Post by chefjimmy Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:26 am

i think its chip reese...his play is head on he succeeds in horse..hes very well rounded...and a 3 time bracelet holder...yup in my opion chips got skills
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Who's the most underrated [famous] pro? Empty i,m hoping this didnt mean current

Post by chefjimmy Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:35 am

as chip is deceased..but he had the skills and in cash games all players knew his rep
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by grilldoggy Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:30 am

Allen Cunningham - the guy is super silent, but deadly. Good luck trying to figure him out - he's a master at reading his opponents.
grilldoggy
grilldoggy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by thehogster65 Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Amarillo Slim and MIKE(thehogster65)FELDER are in my opinion the 2 most underrated pros out there. Well at least one of them is. lol!
thehogster65
thehogster65

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by unibamber Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:58 pm

i would say THE MONK himself andy black one of the most consistant players in the world along with neil channing
unibamber
unibamber
Member Rank: Straight
Member Rank: Straight

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by railz76 Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:19 am

what about Gavin Smith this guy is a beast and I think it was Phil Gordon(maybe) that said since Gavin quite drinking his game is getting even better.
railz76
railz76
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down