Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Lowball Poker Games

+3
awry13
thejuanupsman
ct.ect666
7 posters

Go down

Lowball Poker Games Empty Lowball Poker Games

Post by ct.ect666 Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 pm

I'm just curious-does anyone else do better at the lowball games than the usual high hand games.
I've always been a hold-en or omagh player,but recently began learning the variations to become a more rounded player. Razz, 2-7 triple draw and single draw,7 stud H/L.
I absolutely love these games now and find hold-em as boring as fu** now(pardon my french).
Due to the nature of these games,5 cards exposed 2 down,there is tons more information available to which make your decisions.
Personally i find i'm doing better in all aspects of my game. More wins,Bankroll increasing etc.
Don't take this as bragging,because believe me i am not the greatest player but my game is improving slowly.
Anyhow what ever you play-GOOD LUCK!!!! Cool

ct.ect666
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Lowball Poker Games Empty Re: Lowball Poker Games

Post by thejuanupsman Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:40 am

Yes, I definitely do better at razz, 2-7 triple or any game with a
lowball element. I think it is because there are just a bunch of people
who don't get these games but think they do. I get called a donkey a
lot by people who think they are ahead but are not

thejuanupsman
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Lowball Poker Games Empty The limit may be the difference

Post by awry13 Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:39 pm

It is harder to bluff in a limit game in the early going. I have had very good luck in Razz tourneys but I haven't played in one in a while. Back in my early days I played the $100 Razz freeroll on FTP every Friday. On one good stretch I made the final table 2 weeks in a row. But that freeroll is 2400 people and takes hours to finish. I also like the low stakes stud hi lo.

awry13

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:37 am

i do a lot better myself in the lowball games compared to holdem. you were right on the money with there being more information available to the player. there is also a lot less luck involved compared to no limit holdem, but that is what makes holdem so attractive to the novice players, and the novice players are what attract the sharks. i love the razz, stud, and lowball games and wish i had a little more selection myself.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:43 pm

I love the lowball games too. Razz is one of my favorites for sure, but I noticed no one mentioned Badugi in this thread. That is fast becoming my favorite form of lowball... at least I would consider it lowball. Razz freerolls were mentioned in here. I have played those... sometimes a lot. Tilt has a similar problem, but not quite as extensive in my opinion, that PokerStars has with it's Razz freerolls. There are a lot (and I mean A LOT) of foreign players on these limit freerolls(of all types.. not just Razz) that dump chips like crazy. Sometimes you'll think like.. hey they don't know how to play.. because you see 'em raising with 2 or 3 face cards and pairs SHOWING and you can see that they have no hope of winning that particular hand. They are dumping their chips out there for the taking in hopes that one of theirs will win the majority of the chips. Hey, believe me... it happens. I contacted PokerStars about it and they said they are sure it's happening, but not much they can do to stop it. Same thing with sit outs... know it happens but can't really do anything about it. They say... it's a strategy ... so they can't control it. So when I play in these limit freerolls.. I usually don't play many hands early... cause if you do... you might be having to call the maximum every single card... and that makes it to where you need to be very selective on which hands you play early.

I like the 2-7 draw and triple draw too, but Badugi may be taking over as my favorite for sure over Razz..... not yet though lol! Smile
Just my 3 cents worth.
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Lowball Poker Games Empty i like em all

Post by chefjimmy Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:04 pm

but steadfast becoming a h.o.r.s.e. fan...and yes i like bagduhi too...its very tough game,and i like the challenge...razz while playing horse is one of my favs..yup i like the low ball games too
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by from_fresno Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:35 pm

ya i love 7-2 tripple

sooo much fun

i also love omaha H/L