Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Annie Duke's How I Raised, Folded, Bluffed, Flirted, Cursed, and Won Millions at The World Series of Poker

Go down

Annie Duke's How I Raised, Folded, Bluffed, Flirted, Cursed, and Won Millions at The World Series of Poker Empty Annie Duke's How I Raised, Folded, Bluffed, Flirted, Cursed, and Won Millions at The World Series of Poker

Post by ryodejaneiro Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:45 pm

I thought I'd review this book in case anyone was interested or curious.

I can't quite say I'd recommend reading this book if you want to learn strategies or looking to expand your knowledge of poker. In fact, this book is an autobiography, but what this book has to offer is providing an insight into the experiences of a full time/professional poker player. Annie does a good job of narrating how various events in her life unfolded and linked to her poker life. This book provides insight into a poker players competitive mindset, but also portrays the difficulties of life as a poker player (e.g., problems with Daniel Negreanu). Overall, I'd say this was an interesting read. One last thought - the chapters alternate between Annie's account of her life and her WSOP win. I didn't like this aspect as much.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down