Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

i donked myself last night!!!!!!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

i donked myself last night!!!!!!!!!! Empty i donked myself last night!!!!!!!!!!

Post by chefjimmy Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:01 am

i was at the 1k players only freeroll and doing good...this was a pot limit omaha game..was dealt 4567...i like playing 4 cards in a row in this game...the big stack at the table came out with a big raise...i put him on aa or kk...correct as it turns out.the flop was 488...he bet big...i raised the turn a 9..leaving me open ended everywhere..i raised hoping he,d think i hit the b8s or the straight...i killed myself...this is something i seldom do...but i,ve looked at it alot..yup i was on a draw...but he had no way of knowing...still i lost n feel like a donk ...bluffing is part of the game...my question...if you had aa in this game wouls you call for 10k holding just aces in this situation?
chefjimmy
chefjimmy
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

i donked myself last night!!!!!!!!!! Empty sometimes I'm sending a message

Post by k9ofspades Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:38 am

Your post reminded me of a tourney I was in. I was the chip leader at the table 10k+. There were two other players involved who were significant to my play. The first had a stack almost as big as mine. The second a stack about 20% or so of mine. I had second pr made a pot size bid and the other big stack went all in behind me so I folded. Next hand I had second pr did some small biding pot size or so again with second or third pr. But this was against the small stack he went all in on the river. I called his bluff and knocked him out. He congratulated me on the call and asked how I made the call. I couldn't answer him as it would tell the big stack too much. However the reason was I was sending a message not to bluff me and could afford to lose to him also recent play had made me look weak. The very next hand almost the same situation second pr I make some bids the other big stack goes all in on the turn. I was very suspicious however there was nothing to say he couldn't have two very good hands out of three so I folded. If he had a hand I was probably crippled if I called him, If he didn't he was probably going to use this tactic on me again and I would be patiently waiting for him to do it when I had a very good hand. I was moved from the table before I got an opportunity. This happened at fleet street games which went out of business Nov 1st. So the reasons I called were the image i felt i had the table somewhat weak having been shoved off the privious pot and the fact I could afford to lose to him.

Regards Guy
k9ofspades
k9ofspades
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

i donked myself last night!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: i donked myself last night!!!!!!!!!!

Post by illphillllllll Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:11 am

just donked myself on final table. as short stack three people go all in ahead of me and i called with pocket 99. half second later realized i could have moved up in money. i guess i cant play my best at 4 oclock in the morning.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

i donked myself last night!!!!!!!!!! Empty oh boy did i do the same!!

Post by badass17 Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:26 pm

I was the chipleader on Pstars with 5k entered and we were down to 200 people and i managed to donk off all my chips by the time we were at 100 man what a donk. Im am so sick right now never did anything like it. If i sat out i would have made the entry just got caught up in the chase man i hate myself right now Sad

badass17
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

i donked myself last night!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: i donked myself last night!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down