Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

i,m just wondering..

3 posters

Go down

i,m just wondering.. Empty i,m just wondering..

Post by chefjimmy Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:11 pm

i read a post about low ball games the other day..and i responded...it got me to thinking more and more i,m leaning away from hold em...for years i loved it..but lately it just seems more n more any idiot with 2 cards is going to wreck a game...i dunno,,its not loses that i,m saying this about its the game in general..i really like it when i,m at a decent table...but usually its not the case..usually its some crazy structure..and i end up thinking...i wish i hadnt clicked in...anyone else feel like this?
chefjimmy
chefjimmy
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

i,m just wondering.. Empty Re: i,m just wondering..

Post by datsme53 Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:13 pm

I don't know... but I really like NL Holdem.... been my favorite for a long time. I really don't think like the kind of players your referring to are not going to be at the other games too. When your talking about freerolls.. or very low stakes games of all kinds... I think they are out there in every kind of game. It just seems like there are more of them in Holdem.... but then... most games are Holdem. I run into tons of them in the other games as well. It's not just in NL game either.. it's in limit games as well. Chip dumping in limit games is a frustrating thing to have to watch...and it goes on a lot. I've played Limit Razz tourneys that players are raising every bet to the max on every card with 2 face cards and pairs showing! Building the pot for who? Those types of players you refer to, I think, can really only be escaped by playing much higher stakes games. Since I'm not going to play those higher stakes games...online that is.... I'll just have to put up with it and dodge them as best as I can.

So for me... I'm not going to let bad or goofing off players determine where or what kind of game I'm going to play. I just try to set my mind to the fact that it goes on in all the games, so I just want to play the games I enjoy playing and not let someone else sway me away from the games I like most. Smile
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:55 pm

if your goal in poker is to have fun then i would suggest the move away from texas holdem. if your goal is like mine, to make as much money as possible, then holdem is a game you want to continue playing. i hate it just as much as anybody else when i get outdrawn by a terrible player. i also realize the mathematical aspects of the game and understand that i will beat that same player most of the time. its one of the things where you have to take the good with the bad. don't give up the game, you will be giving up on a lot of potential money in the future if you continue playing solid poker.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down