Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Masters Golf Tournament

5 posters

Go down

Masters Golf Tournament Empty Masters Golf Tournament

Post by 24Trip Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Who's everyone like for the Masters golf tournament? Anyone besides Woods? It will be interesting to see how he bounces back in his first major since his return.

24Trip
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Masters Golf Tournament Empty Re: Masters Golf Tournament

Post by Not Like Me Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:25 pm

I'm a big fan of Mike Weir because he's Canadian and already won the Masters, even though he hasn't done much since that green jacket. Tiger is usually everyone's favorite player but it's such an obvious pick so I try to root for the underdogs. Padraig Harrington is another one of my favorite players, mainly because he's Irish but also because he won the PGA Championship when I was visiting my Irish relatives in England last summer.
Not Like Me
Not Like Me
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Yeah.... Tiger is my favorite golfer and I will be rooting him on for the Masters, but a lot of good players will be there in the running. Campbell is tough and 7 under is a great start. I like it when some of the older players emerge in contention. Larry Mize is 5 under now... I will watch and hope he can stay in contention. It is very tough for an older player to compete in the Masters in modern times now because some 500 yards or more has been added to this golf course over the years. It was done to keep the likes of Tiger and other long hitters at bay, but in my opinion, all it has done is help the longer hitters to be more of a favorite to win it. Oh, sure the greens is where it is usually settled, but the new long length of this course has taken it out of the shorter hitters hands for the most part. This course is tough enough without making it longer and longer every year. Augusta National is, in my opinion, the most beautiful course on tour. The history surrounding this championship is amazing.

Watch out for Sunday if Tiger is close. It just seems as though when he's right there or leading..... everyone folds and he emerges on top. Weather may detemine the outcome for the Masters...and the best golfers in the world are there to challenge those conditions. 7 under may be leading it now, but that also might not be far from the total score when Sunday evening rolls around.
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ryangordon1012304 Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:29 pm

I wish campbell won. he did very good in the masters it just sucked he couldnt make that last put:( also his wife is a hottie. lol affraid
ryangordon1012304
ryangordon1012304

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:22 pm

ryangordon1012304 wrote:I wish campbell won. he did very good in the masters it just sucked he couldnt make that last put:( also his wife is a hottie. lol affraid

Yeah, Campbell would have been a good story! I found myself rooting for Kenny Perry(old guy lol). After Tiger didn't win, after making a final round run, I was hoping Kenny Perry would do it. He had it in hand and let it slip away. Just needed one par with 2 to go, but succumbed to the pressure of the Masters! Sad It was a great Masters to watch though! Not many Masters finishes will beat that one for sure! Very exciting finish, even though some sloppy play was evident in the last holes of the regular final 2 holes... it was very entertaining to watch! Campbell will get his chance... he just needs to keep it going in the majors and a win will come.
datsme53
datsme53

Back to top Go down

Post by darkstar Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:47 am

so it sounds like it was a good game this year missed it though but could someone fill me in on who won it just like to know ?

darkstar
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 am

darkstar wrote:so it sounds like it was a good game this year missed it though but could someone fill me in on who won it just like to know ?

Angel Cabrera from Argentina won it in a 3 way playoff between him, Kenny Perry, and Chad Campbell. This was all after Kenny Perry blew it with 2 boggies on the last 2 holes. It was Cabrera's 2nd major win.(First was the U.S. Open)
datsme53
datsme53

Back to top Go down

Post by darkstar Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:27 am

thanks i really sould have watched it i think i missed a good game i really dont watch golf that much but games like this like. i can tell u from what i hear about this years game though i am watching next years for sure. thanks for the update dats.

darkstar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down