Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

HockeyPlayOffs

+5
slyone66
donkable
Not Like Me
chefjimmy
darkstar
9 posters

Go down

HockeyPlayOffs Empty HockeyPlayOffs

Post by darkstar Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:51 am

well im a hockey fan a big fan i am going for montreal hope they beat boston but its going to be a fight for them for sure lol really i cant beleve they even made the playoffs. the Canucks are leading there series 1-0 i cant beleve that but thats cool. i just like to get the hockey fans on the froum to just give there opinion on the playoffs as they progress and i will be put mine as well thanks

darkstar
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

HockeyPlayOffs Empty Re: HockeyPlayOffs

Post by chefjimmy Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:30 am

Well being a die hard wings fan this is going to get ugly,I think if we {wings}had a decent goalie this would be a pointless topic...as it sits i,ll just pray my wings pull it off.
chefjimmy
chefjimmy
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by darkstar Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm

thanks jimmy and your right if they did have a good goalie it would suck for all the others but with that said iv seen the wings pull it together before and still give a good go i do have to say for a american thats who i would go for they have the best team in my mind i think we r also going to see them in the end but im still going for my team but lmao they suck Sad

darkstar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Like Me Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:20 am

Sorry I hadn't seen this thread earlier!

Montreal had some key injuries this year, but even with a healthy lineup I don't think they could have ousted this powerful Bruins team. Too much depth and skill guys to compete with. Markov and Lang were huge losses for the Habs, I remember Grabovski's hit on Markov was clean but I saw alot of Habs fans on HF really upset over the hit...one guy was threatening to assault Grabo next time he was in Montreal, death threats and all. Crazy.

I'm happy to see Vancouver doing well, primarily because of my fondness for Mats Sundin. Hated to see him leave Toronto but he deserves a cup and right now the Canucks are probably one of the Western Conference favs. Anaheim might do away with San Jose on Saturday (San Jose flopping in the playoffs? No way!), Calgary battled back nicely from a 2-0 deficit. My favorite series has been Philly/Pittsburg thus far, alot of back and forth action, hard hitting hockey the way it should be played.

Ovechkin just scored the craziest goal earlier tonight, definitely the goal of the playoffs so far. Brodeur uncharacteristically lost his temper in game 4 and tossed his stick at the boards after getting scored on with 0.02 seconds left. It's been a wild roller coaster so far.

I predicted Detroit/Pittsburgh in the Finals again before the season started, I'm thinking it might even be an Original Six match-up between Boston and Detroit. That would be intense.
Not Like Me
Not Like Me

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by donkable Sat May 02, 2009 10:46 am

lol,Im gonna be hated here I can tell.
Goooooo BlackHawks. cheers

As a Black Hawks fair weather fan of sorts, (being that I love hockey but havent been following it for a few years) I am just excited to be in the post season. And moveing past Calgary in the first round, well, WOW...those where some exciteing games.

Do I think they will go all the way, well....Im also a Cubs fan, so I kinda beleive in the impossable
lol!

donkable
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Sat May 02, 2009 12:42 pm

early prediction- bruins win the stanley cup. Very Happy "no doubt' they are red hot and i don t think they can be stopped by anyone. another boston win our way
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by chefjimmy Sat May 02, 2009 1:36 pm

wings wings wings...even without the goalie my boys are in it to win it
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Sat May 02, 2009 2:35 pm

donkable wrote:lol,Im gonna be hated here I can tell.
Goooooo BlackHawks. cheers

As a Black Hawks fair weather fan of sorts, (being that I love hockey but havent been following it for a few years) I am just excited to be in the post season. And moveing past Calgary in the first round, well, WOW...those where some exciteing games.

Do I think they will go all the way, well....Im also a Cubs fan, so I kinda beleive in the impossable
lol!

Hey.... Your not alone! I'm also rooting for the Black Hawks! I'm also a Cubs fan... lifelong... so... hey I think the Black Hawks played some inspired hockey to oust Calgary. It's not too much to think they have a chance against Vancouver. They'll need to even it up tonight to make their chances more realistic, however. So yeah.... GO BLACK HAWKS!!
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2009 2:54 pm

hey guys
lifer for the bruins since i was 3years old and they have a good shot at this years been a while since i could say that .

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Like Me Wed May 06, 2009 3:41 pm

I think it's coming down to either Boston/Anaheim or Boston/Detroit...I really think the Bruins are the class of this years Eastern Conference and I don't see Pittsburgh, Washington or Carolina advancing in a series against the B's. I had Detroit pegged to win it all from the beginning of training camp (hard to go against the defending champs!) and even though they're down a game to the Ducks right now I still feel like they're playing prime-time playoff hockey and I'm confident they'll be the winners of the Stanley Cup.

Some of my favorite highlights of the playoffs so far:

- Simeon Varlamov's stick save on Crosby
- Roberto Luongo's stick save, almost identical to Varlamovs
- Ovechkin (favorite player in the world by farrrrrr) and Crosby both getting hat-tricks in the same game.
- Sergei Fedorov scoring the GWG against NYR in Game 7 with an amazing short-side shelf shot...he looked like Sergei Fedorov in the early 90's.
- John Torterella squirting a water bottle over the glass at the Caps fans, next game the Caps fans wore red ponchos, lol.
- And finally...I don't want to know what the hell was going on here, but this clip has been getting a crapload of views in the past month (from Car-NJ series):