Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Sharing Freeroll Passwords

4 posters

Go down

Sharing Freeroll Passwords Empty Sharing Freeroll Passwords

Post by AAChipMagnet Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:02 am

These are two sites that are sharing passwords to freerolls. forum.4apoker.info and abcpoquer.com/wordpress

I've notified my other forum admins about this. Some care and some don't but sharing passwords dilutes the prize pool for everyone who's supposed to be in the tourny and who wants to play for 4-5 hrs and make a whole $.45 for placing when they might have won if less people joined?

I dunno if anyone has posted a Donkhard password yet but it is probably only a matter of time. Even if the password is given out only minutes before.
AAChipMagnet
AAChipMagnet
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Sharing Freeroll Passwords Empty Re: Sharing Freeroll Passwords

Post by Roller Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:33 pm

AAChipMagnet wrote:These are two sites that are sharing passwords to freerolls. forum.4apoker.info and abcpoquer.com/wordpress

I dunno if anyone has posted a Donkhard password yet but it is probably only a matter of time. Even if the password is given out only minutes before.

Posting Passwords on other sites.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Donkhard members Would not.
Could not.
Should not.
Post a DonkHard password.
We have a very solid group here at DonkHard and I can't imagine any of our members doing such a thing.

Please.
Post Not ...
Respect our Forum and it's members.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Thanks for the heads up.

Roller
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Our hope here at Donkhard is that by posting the password as late as 10 minutes before... it will make it more difficult for password sharers and thieves (I'll put them in the same category). It has happened in the past that a member of Donkhard has shared the password. We had a tourney on Tilt once with over 700 entrants... and less than 300 were actual members of Donkhard!..Thus the password policy. It has worked very well.. not saying that it is 100%, but it has made a very big difference. Now... the sharing of passwords does NOT come from our most loyal members of Donkhard... that you can put book on, but it can happen. TBD does, has and will, take proper action if it is determined that a member shares the PW.

What's so unbelievable is that it makes no sense to share/steal a PW from Donkhard when all you have to do is sign up for FREE!!! It takes all of a couple minutes to do! I believe TBD has implimented the best policy to use to thwart password thieves. It's a shame that it makes it difficult for some good Donkhard members to get registered in time and possibly miss a tourney, but it's a case of some ruining it for others. I believe Donkhard's password policy is probably the best thing going...barring a posting requirement.. which is not TBD's wish. He wants anyone to be able to play that wants to join and do so. It has worked pretty well I'd say... so keep up the good work TBD!
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasWSOP Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Thank you for alerting us about this. Im sure that The Big Donk will take immediate action.
NicolasWSOP
NicolasWSOP
Member Rank: Quads
Member Rank: Quads

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down