Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Poker Videos

5 posters

Go down

Poker Videos Empty Poker Videos

Post by The Big Donk Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Close to the topic of recommended reading, I'd like to discuss some recommended viewing of poker videos.

Yesterday I watched David Sklanksy's poker video.

The video was not super detailed like many of the videos I've seen, but the advice was rock solid.

Right now I'm going back over all the old videos I have and taking notes to refresh my game. I've noticed that my winning style of play has deteriorated badly, and it's about time to re-adjust my game. Sklanksy's video already reminded me of a few solid strategies that I used to use, but somehow over time have let them fall by the wayside. For example, mucking AQ preflop. Now I'm not talking about facing a raise, a big re-raise, and 2 all-ins ahead of me before I muck my AQ. I'm talking about even plays as simple as mucking AQ under the gun or from the big blind after a small raise from the button.

Why? Two reasons:

1. It's offsuit. Play the suited ones, fine. But play them correctly. The offsuit ones belong in the muck.

2. I'm out of position. Playing just about any hand out of position should be avoided. The button moves around, you won't be out of position for long.

Sure I'll get laughed at by many for mucking AQ so easily, but depending on the circumstances, it's a mathematically correct play. That's not to say I'll muck if everyone folds around to me and I look down at AQ offsuit from the button with 2 tight players in the blind. Quite the opposite. In that situation, I'm raising with AQ. Of course in that situation, I can raise with Q-rag suited if I'd like, and more often than not it will win me the blinds.

I still haven't decided which video I'll watch for the day, but I'll probably go with some Negreanu.

I've actually got gigs of poker DVDs that I've loaded onto files on my computer, as well as dozens of poker books. I'm not sure how to go about sharing these files, or the legality of doing so, but if anyone would like to see a particular video or read a particular book and has any ideas on how to get the files from here to there, I'm all ears.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Poker Videos Empty Re: Poker Videos

Post by peacebrother Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:28 pm

check out viddler.com. no restrictions on size and the quality is good.
You can upload as many as you want. I have a few there look for romeopoker
peacebrother
peacebrother
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-24

http://romeopoker.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shnura Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:38 am

When I started playing poker, I was watching over and over again "How a pokerchamp thinks his way to success (Tom McEvoy)" and "Final table (Phil Gordon)", "FullTilt Poker learn from the Pros", also "Howard Lederer's Secrets of NLHE", "Texas holdem winning strategy (Mike Caro)", "The keys to position and calculating the odds in poker (John Caldwell)" and some Annie Duke's instructional videos.

For a beginning player with almost no experience in poker, these are very good starting DVD's. Most of them cover the basics of poker, as well as explaining odds, EV, pre-flop/flop/turn/river strategies and much more of the real basics of Hold'em.

If you're just starting to learn how poker should be played, these videos will do a great job for you. I highly recommend them.

shnura

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by konawajim Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:38 am

[quote="The Big Donk"]Close to the topic of recommended reading, I'd like to discuss some recommended viewing of poker videos.

Yesterday I watched David Sklanksy's poker video.

The video was not super detailed like many of the videos I've seen, but the advice was rock solid.
quote]
I've watched this video and it is VERY good
konawajim
konawajim
Member Rank: Straight
Member Rank: Straight

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by from_fresno Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:07 pm

the best video i have seen is any daniel negranu vid where he explains his small ball technique
that style is really good and works for the most part

i can already see the changes it has done for my mtt game and it is for the good

ive been playing alot of freerolls using this style and i have been going deep , if it were any other mtt besides a freeroll i would be in the cass easily

the videos are available on youtube

from_fresno

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down