Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

About Poker Q&A

+4
10Zav01
konawajim
BigPotz
The Big Donk
8 posters

Go down

About Poker Q&A Empty About Poker Q&A

Post by The Big Donk Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Please keep in mind here, whether you're asking or answering, that no question is too difficult or too simple, too advanced or too rookie. An advanced player may want to know how to calculate percentages on what hand an opponent may likely be holding to apply a proper pot odds calculation, while a person who has never played a hand of poker may want to know which hands beat which hands.

We here at Donkhard.com are a community of people with a shared interest in poker. We are recreational players, semi-pros, professional players, professional dealers, writers, students, rookies, veterans, freerollers, high-rollers, and everything in between.

Some of us have questions, while others have answers. So fire away.

I may occasionally edit the subject lines of posts to keep answers easy to find.

If you have a question, simply click the "New Topic" button and ask away.

When replying to posts, please try to keep your replies directly on subject. If there is something that you want to share that no one has asked, you may certainly ask and answer your own questions.

Once a question has already been replied to, please feel free to also reply with your own perspective and/or to add anything that was missed.

Now don't be shy. What do you need to know?
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

About Poker Q&A Empty No Post's?

Post by BigPotz Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:32 pm

I came in here to see if there were any interesting questions asked. There is nothing here. Is this a new site? Even the new forums I visit have lots of post very quickly. I don't understand why people aren't asking questions. Surely their must be many players who have questions about their play, percentages or anything poker related. I'm surprised this section is not loaded with post's.

BigPotz

BigPotz
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

About Poker Q&A Empty Re: About Poker Q&A

Post by The Big Donk Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:53 pm

This is actually a brand new section that I just added on.

But you make a point. Where are the questions? I've got a wealth of experience and access to tons of information regarding all forms and aspects of poker that I am itching to share, and I am not the only one. Surely there must be plenty of good questions out there just waiting to be asked.

Fire away!
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by konawajim Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:39 am

Ok I'll start it off. Pre flop your dealt AK so you raise mid postion.How do you play AK after the flop and you've missed hitting anything.
konawajim
konawajim
Member Rank: Straight
Member Rank: Straight

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 10Zav01 Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:18 pm

konawajim wrote:Ok I'll start it off. Pre flop your dealt AK so you raise mid postion.How do you play AK after the flop and you've missed hitting anything.

It depends for me on how many are in the pot, if it is more than 2 other player I check and fold. If it is just 1 or 2 players, and I am acting first I fire a bet out there, hoping to pick up the pot. If i get called, I am hoping to pick up an A or K on the turn.

10Zav01
Member Rank: Trips
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by decker Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:29 am

I think you have to make a continuation bet even if there are more than 1 or 2 players in the pot. Abot 3/4 of the pot seems about right. If you get raised then you probably have to let it go...

decker
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by erniek67 Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:09 am

When its only 1 or 2 in play ...
Does it matter if you know your opponent ..Are they tight, loose ..Romanian LOL

Should it matter If you have a an enormous chip lead. or do you play looser and force them in?

erniek67

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthBay1 Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:39 pm

I am not a new player but I am a new poster here..... Poker to me is a game much like chess. All must choose their plays based on the plays their opponents might make. This means that poker is a game of incomplete information. You must take the small amount of information you have and make an educated guess as to what move your opponents might make. Then you must capitolize on this by making a bet that this opponent will either call or fold to. I love this game.

SouthBay1
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbeam77 Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:10 pm

SouthBay1 wrote:I am not a new player but I am a new poster here..... Poker to me is a game much like chess. All must choose their plays based on the plays their opponents might make. This means that poker is a game of incomplete information. You must take the small amount of information you have and make an educated guess as to what move your opponents might make. Then you must capitolize on this by making a bet that this opponent will either call or fold to. I love this game.
dam sb thats right on bro well put
jimbeam77
jimbeam77
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthBay1 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:23 am

Thank you.

SouthBay1