Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Stupid Asses in the freerolls

+14
marlinzNZ
chefjimmy
blackulakingz
tupac81raiders
datsme53
KEVINfromHB
crowe2200
kenislu
dvo2008
pjr54
konawajim
10Zav01
wooo
rsseippel
18 posters

Go down

Stupid Asses in the freerolls Empty Stupid Asses in the freerolls

Post by rsseippel Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:21 pm

I am getting pretty tired of playing in these freerolls and having some bastard sitting there who does nothing but go all in everytime. By doing that it takes all the fun out of playing. I mean if you think you might have a strong hand you don't want to chance it by calling, and when you actually DO have a stong hand, this ass-clown gets lucky by pulling some horse shit hand out of their ass. It's people like this is why I don't play as much as I should. I'm not made of money so it's not like I can sit and play in a real money game all the time and when I do play, it's mostly in a freeroll or a play money sit-n-go. I know i'm just pissed because this just happen on Bodog, but come on, if you want to play like that, do it with your buddies in a live game. 3000 people didn't sign up to have a good time ruined because of people like that.
rsseippel
rsseippel
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Stupid Asses in the freerolls Empty Re: Stupid Asses in the freerolls

Post by wooo Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 pm

i love people like that
just wait for a good hand AA KK QQ
then go allin
i have enof sites on my computer
so if i lose i just go to another site

wooo
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rsseippel Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:27 pm

yeah, i know, but it seems like everyday this goes on and not just on bodog. I just play there the most cause I like their site the best
rsseippel
rsseippel

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 10Zav01 Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:47 pm

i have come to the conclusion that the best way to play in a freeroll is play as tight as you possibly can until the donks do each other in, and just take what you can with your strong hands, if you go broke, oh well, at least you didn't donk out

i just finished 3rd in a triple draw 2-7 tournament on PS out of 1344, unfortunately it was a play chip one :/

10Zav01
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by konawajim Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:52 am

Nice finish, play chips I think is harder than real. Keep saving up those chips Very Happy You can sale them
konawajim
konawajim
Member Rank: Straight
Member Rank: Straight

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pjr54 Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:55 pm

If you play in poker site freerolls wait for a very strong starting hand and call the donks. Hopefully you can doubleup a couple of times early and by then the donks will be mostly gone. Then try to play real poker.

pjr54

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Stupid Asses in the freerolls Empty stupid asses in freerolls

Post by dvo2008 Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:34 pm

i love the donks in freerolls they double u up right off the bat and give u a chance to be more selective and it only usually lasts 10-15 min then its game time

dvo2008

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kenislu Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:50 pm

So don`t play freerolls. Make deposit, take bonus and have fun in normal poker with normal ppl. In freerolls playing only kids who doesnt know what is poker!

kenislu

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by crowe2200 Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:19 pm

The free rolls are just that... free! The bad beats may happen more frequently and the betting more erratic but you can still attain success through patience and solid poker. I can understand the frustration but i'm amazed by the sense of entitlement from something that costs you nothing and can entertain and educate you. If the venting helps you than that's cool but don't fight what you can't change and maybe it's better the way it is anyhow.

crowe2200

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KEVINfromHB Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:32 pm

crowe2200 wrote:The free rolls are just that... free! The bad beats may happen more frequently and the betting more erratic but you can still attain success through patience and solid poker. .

I agree with that so much. I have been very successful especially with the free rolls that Donk has provided for us. the freeroll on Pitbull was a shambles for me yesterday, but I still had fun and it COST ME NOTHING!!
KEVINfromHB
KEVINfromHB
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://goodcleanfun.nicetheme.com

Back to top Go down

Stupid Asses in the freerolls Empty Re: Stupid Assed in the Freerolls

Post by datsme53 Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:53 pm

COST ME NOTHING!![/quote]

I agree! FREE is what it is. I play in them despite all the frustations that might be there for sure. I try to take it as a challenge to do well and play as deep into them as I can. It doesn't always work out as well as other times, but hey.... COSTING NOTHING but your time is still well worth the experiences and by the way... you can still build up a bankroll and play in other tourneys as well. So I say... no one is twisting your arm or holding a gun to your head... so play in the freerolls and make the best out of them you can... and when you get donked on... laugh it off and say gl to all and go on. There will be another one somewhere very soon if you get knocked off and have more time on your hands. Razz

DONKHARD LOL! Very Happy
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tupac81raiders Fri May 29, 2009 6:16 pm

I have only cashed once in the $100 fulltilt freeroll. Most of the time I don't waste my time on them just because people play so crazy and get so lucky. I think it's kind of a waste of time to play 4-6 hours just go make a few bucks or cents.
tupac81raiders
tupac81raiders

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by blackulakingz Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:47 pm

10Zav01 wrote:i have come to the conclusion that the best way to play in a freeroll is play as tight as you possibly can until the donks do each other in, and just take what you can with your strong hands, if you go broke, oh well, at least you didn't donk out

i just finished 3rd in a triple draw 2-7 tournament on PS out of 1344, unfortunately it was a play chip one :/
Right on my man that IS the stratagy to use...look you have to be patient in freerolls Real patient...even if it means folding a few good hands just to stay in the game.I know that sounds easier than what it is but trust me donks and freerolls go hand and hand.I have gotten to the point where i sit out the first 20min of a freeroll and i know this pisses people off but by then all the donks have fat stacks or gone.In any event it gets real after the loser clear out
blackulakingz
blackulakingz
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by chefjimmy Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:02 am

i,ve noticed this about freerolls...that when i have a bankroll..they are much less serious....but donks are everywhere guys,they exist in every level of play in the game...refute this if you like but its nontheless true.
you will run into type of play over and over...if you cant take this loss with ease,stick around its coming...if your sure you cant ever do it..you may be in the wrong game.
I heard someone mention cash games will fix this...not in my experience...plus unlike live games you cant tell if the opponents been drinking...if they are i a hurry..there are too many settings you cant define.
so what do you do...take notes i do.
build up a reference to these players...in the long run you,ll see final tables more and more....and ya wanna hear the funny part...when i see those final tables..i almost always see famailiar faces...time after time...last but not least...sit out till the blinds hit 50-100....then you,ll see much less of this player...hope this was informative
chefjimmy
chefjimmy
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by marlinzNZ Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:51 pm

I find you get random callers with rubbish hole cards in all types of games , be it free rolls or cash games alike Sad

marlinzNZ

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by decker Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:19 am

Donks? Maybe not. When you have 3000 players in a freeroll, why not go all in right away and hope to double or triple up, then you have a good stack and a much better chance. If you lose, no time wasted grinding. No time lost, no money lost....

decker

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:46 am

i find in most freerolls everyone is trying to double up by going all in, i remember a tourney guy went in with rag 6 hands straight and won them all. then he started playing tight, i just stay away for first 15 minutes when this is happening and usually the lotto players are out by then, i noticed that full tilt is the worst for this in my opinion. bingo anyone lol Very Happy
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mykeyFinn Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:00 pm

I play them freerolls all the time. Yes they are full of lottery and bingo players. It may seem frustrating to play for 2-6 hours for only a few bucks, but people like me who don't have money to put on the sites anymore think it's worth it. If you play solid poker and have patience then you can turn a few hours investment into a starter bankroll if your good and lucky.

mykeyFinn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecizzo23 Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:57 pm

atleast the stupid asses are bustin you in the freerolls and not in real money buy ins. that would be a lot wores Smile
Alecizzo23
Alecizzo23

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down