Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

How to play through it ?

3 posters

Go down

How to play through it ? Empty How to play through it ?

Post by Aud300 Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:14 am

I have a question for the board.

I have been playing this last weekend and today and I have cashed 1/4 in online freerolls.

Not big cashes but enough to play some mirco cash games.

I would like to ask the board a question.

how many times have you played and you feel like all the coin flips or
even when your ahead you find some way to lose the hand and severly
cripple your stack to wear you are all - in or nothing.

Aud300
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

How to play through it ? Empty Re: How to play through it ?

Post by 10Zav01 Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:02 pm

i have cashed over and over in freerolls for like $5 or something, and then gotten hosed in ring game. Because at Micro Stakes people are dumbos, and dumbos like to hit two pair on the river, or even backdoor draws with nothing when you jam in on the flop.

10Zav01
Member Rank: Trips
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:40 pm

I play in freerolls often since I haven't made any deposits yet (plus I'm quite busy right now with work). I can't say that I've cashed often, but as you've said, enough to play micro ring games.

With micro ring games (e.g., 1-2 cent, 9 player hold'em on PokerStars), I usually play very tight. I do so since as 10zav01 mentioned, there are a lot of loose players out there who'll call just because it's cheap to see the flop/turn/river. I tend to stick to playig pocket pairs and high suited connectors like AK suited.

Also, because I buy in for a small amount (e.g., $1) I can't afford to play too many hands - this keeps me more disciplined. Even if I fold the first 18 hands, that'll only cost me 6 cents. When I have a pocket pair, I try to at least see the flop - as cheaply as possible - in hopes that I can flop a set so I'll get paid off big.

For instance, in a recent PokerStars game, I was the BB with pocket Kings. There were a few too many players in that I wasn't comfortable raising so I figured, what the heck, I'll allow them to limp and check. The flop came down something like 8-5-2, so no trips, but the short stack (.50 or so) went all in so I called and another played called as well. Turn card came a K and I bet out large, got called, then went all in on the river (a blank). After the hand, I went from .96 cents to a little over $2.

In retrospect this may not have been the best strategy to limp in the BB with kings but I was feeling patient and I was out of position. But it worked out well and I doubled up Razz
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down