Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Double or nothing SNG at PokerStars, 50% payout

3 posters

Go down

Double or nothing SNG at PokerStars, 50% payout Empty Double or nothing SNG at PokerStars, 50% payout

Post by ryodejaneiro Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:50 pm

Just thought I'd post about the Double or Nothing SNGs at Stars. These can be cheap as $1 (plus .10 or .15 add on) all the way up to $100 (plus $4 or $8. All of them have a 50% payout structure and there's a turbo or the non-turbo option. The non-turbo/regular SNGs have a more expensive add-on.

I've only played the $1.10 (turbo) and $1.15 (regular) ones so far, and I've got mixed thoughts. Its nice to have a 50% payout for a SNG and if you're patient, then perhaps a decent way to build your bankroll. At the same time, if you play the $1 SNGs, then you're essentially playing for .90 or .85 cents - and these SNGs take about an hour it seems. So it looks like you get a better return of investment as you move up the buy-in.

As much as I would like to move up to higher buy-ins, my bankroll management guidelines prevent me from playing higher limits right now. Anyway, if anyone else has played in these, I'd like to get your impressions/experiences.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Double or nothing SNG at PokerStars, 50% payout Empty Re: Double or nothing SNG at PokerStars, 50% payout

Post by konawajim Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:30 pm

I just posted on this myself. I've been playing the $5.20 and $10.40 turbo and I doubled my bankroll. First few days I took way to many risks but I started out playing the $1.10 turbo. Once I moved up in buy-in and started seeing a real improvement in my bankroll the risk taking stopped and bankroll building really kicked into over drive.
konawajim
konawajim
Member Rank: Straight
Member Rank: Straight

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Double or nothing SNG at PokerStars, 50% payout Empty Re: Double or nothing SNG at PokerStars, 50% payout

Post by 56170 Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:45 pm

Another advantage is that you can play with a little risk to receive a deposit bonus for example Wink

Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down