Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

the series ...

+2
jessereynoso
dijwaila
6 posters

Go down

the series ... Empty the series ...

Post by dijwaila Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:11 pm

well ... just got knocked out of the series. there were no more than 4 active players at my table at any point ... only one of which seemed to have the ability to play after the flop. so .. i sat back and took small pots whenever i could, and built the chipstack to 3500. but, i could only watch these donks go all-in preflop with poor hands. so ... two straight preflop bad beats and i'm out ... in the first round. i'm not unhappy about losing ... only the way it happened.

this tournament appeared enjoyable in theory ... but i can't say it was. that said, this isn't complaint ... i appreciate the idea and effort donkhard admin puts into hosting these tournaments. i also know a purpose of these tournaments is to attract new members ... so i doubt the format will change, though it would be great to have some quality tournaments ... instead of just quantity.

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

the series ... Empty Re: the series ...

Post by jessereynoso Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:29 pm

I'm still in the tourney currently in 9th place. with 33k in chips and there are like 50 or so players left.

jessereynoso
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:33 pm

congratulations ... and good fortune in round 2.

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeester Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:11 pm

Ahaaa, i'll just be sounding like a bad loser here (maybe because i am one). But it would be nice to be able to have another crack at getting into round two, maybe the top 100 losers fight it out for 10 places in round two or something... Gah, this game is getting me really frustrated!

I don't know, maybe i'll have to just be patient and wait till next time.
We'll see.

Jeester
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by frankie6636 Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:43 pm

I came in 5th, does this mean I am invited to round 2?

frankie6636

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by dontquit Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:44 pm

I just KO'd Jeester...then the guy sent me a terrible email..and called me the f'bomb....my 13yo daughter was reading it when I opened it. Hoped donkhard would have a bit classier players

dontquit
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jessereynoso Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:10 pm

well i came in 10th, the blinds just killed me.

And why is ur 13 year old reading ur e-mail? if she can't see the f'bomb then she shouldnt use the internet.

jessereynoso

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:21 pm

dijwaila wrote:this tournament appeared enjoyable in theory ... but i can't say it was. that said, this isn't complaint ... i appreciate the idea and effort donkhard admin puts into hosting these tournaments. i also know a purpose of these tournaments is to attract new members ... so i doubt the format will change, though it would be great to have some quality tournaments ... instead of just quantity.

I think I understand where you're coming from dijwaila. I was quite amazed to see so many people registered for a $25 freeroll (somethink like 680) and a bit disappointed to see so many sitting out. But a freeroll is a freeroll, is the way I try to look at it. It was an interesting challenge and I learned a bit more about my poker playing today than a typical freeroll since the action for the first hour or so was short handed.

I don't want to go too off topic, but anyone have any suggestions on what could be done? Obviously I'm not an admin but if there are good suggestions, I'm sure TBD will be open to hearing them. Since these freeroll discussions are scattered in different places, I can't recall what the most recent talk is.......but it can't hurt to voice your suggestions/thoughts right?
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:12 pm

great post ryo, happy to see it.

i'm sure that donkhard admin want to attract the highest number of players possible to the site via freerolls and hope there might be a few out of each group of hundreds that become active members. i believe that most non-password hunters would join, play and contribute to the forum regardless of whether passwords are posted days in advance or the day of the event.
(t.b.d. ... is my reasoning off here, or are there other benifits to having large fields from admin's perspective?)

for a variety of reasons, people are more inclined to play anything from a loose game to mad-tilt all in preflop every second hand. unless a freeroll has a huge prizepool, that is just the nature of the game ... i can't think of anything that can be done to change that.

so, regarding password tournaments ... the best idea i have now is to
release those for more unique tournaments like 'the series' the day of
the tournament, should donkhard admin not want to make the same changes to regular freerolls for the reason in paragraph one.

the strategy threads are becoming more active and a group that plays together occasionally is more likely to help eachother improve by posting content from their games and commenting, thereby also making the forums more attractive to potential memebers. due to bankroll restrictions many can't play anything but freerolls.

so, to conclude this post ... releasing passwords to unique freerolls the day of the event should make the tournaments more enjoyable and worthwhile for all concerned.

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeester Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:30 pm

ryodejaneiro wrote:

I don't want to go too off topic, but anyone have any suggestions on what could be done? Obviously I'm not an admin but if there are good suggestions, I'm sure TBD will be open to hearing them. Since these freeroll discussions are scattered in different places, I can't recall what the most recent talk is.......but it can't hurt to voice your suggestions/thoughts right?

I see what you mean, I thought maybe only those who post their nicknames on in a reply could play? (I did hear the password also got posted on the poke**** site) So it would stop password sharing... and means people would at least post once and maybe have a look around.

Jeester

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:36 pm

yes ... that is another option, and another great post. some sites require 10, 15 or 20 quality posts before a member can even view a password to that forums tournaments.

maybe it doesn't make sense right now that all of this forums tournaments be that way ... but if a larger number of them were, it would be an improvement.

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down