Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Question about Round 3 Donk the Donk series

4 posters

Go down

Question about Round 3 Donk the Donk series Empty Question about Round 3 Donk the Donk series

Post by ryodejaneiro Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:00 pm

Hey TBD - thanks again for hosting the Donk the Donk series - I really like this idea though I'm a bit biased Smile

I had a question for you and I figured I'd post this instead of PMing you since this issue could come up with other people too......granted that only a few people have access to this lounge, lol.

Anyway, I just made the cut on Round 2 (wohoo!) with a 6th place finish Crying or Very sad but realized that in all likelihood, I won't be able to play in Round 3. I will be in a conference in Orlando (Disney World!!) beginning Wednesday and not sure what I'll be doing when the game starts on Saturday.

Is there anything that can be done? Normally I wouldn't mind sitting out but this is a private freeroll with only 9 players so I didn't want this to be the case. It's one thing to miss the game if you forget or something comes up, but another if you know ahead of time (at least, that's how I look at it). If I can somehow manage it, I'll play but if any alternatives can be found, that'll be great.

I should note that this didn't occur to me at all (that I'll likely miss next week's game) until well into the final table.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Question about Round 3 Donk the Donk series Empty question about round 3 donk the donk

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:34 pm

wow that is a dilemma for the big donk. ryodejaneiro congrats on movin on and i think we all know the answer but we shall see. as far as an alternate i m game lol but who gets the winnings another dilemma? and how upset will u be when the alternate does a donk move ? good luck with all the ????
dont get trucked on
trucker 103

Back to top Go down

Question about Round 3 Donk the Donk series Empty Re: Question about Round 3 Donk the Donk series

Post by ryodejaneiro Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Thanks trucker. I've been thinking about this as I prepare for my conference and playing in the Bodog freeroll (barely surviving this one!). The thing is, you really can't know whether or not the other players will show up, so in that regard, maybe the best thing would be for me to be blinded out. After all, sitting out is technically considered to be a strategy.

If there is an alternate, then the winnings should rightfully go to that person, not me. Realistically, this would be the 9th place finisher since top 8 made ITM. But then there will be a need to explain why such a change was made and a whole pandora's box could be opened. So, I would be of the opinion that an alternate not be used but that either I get blinded out or that I unregister.

Just a few more thoughts after my initial one.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Back to top Go down

Question about Round 3 Donk the Donk series Empty question about round 3 donk the donk

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:17 am

yes ryodejaneiro that i think woul d be to the best of your interest sit out and maybe ur conference will end and u get to play and u never know who else is going to not make it so u could theoretically move on by that strategy. well gl type at ya soon trucker103

Back to top Go down

Question about Round 3 Donk the Donk series Empty Re: Question about Round 3 Donk the Donk series

Post by ctmfun Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:36 am

Ryo, that's quite a dilemna - one which I've faced in past tournaments too. I would be happy to play for you under your name and hope to advance you to the final round against TBD! BTW, I enjoyed playing at your table until I was prematurely ejected last night.

ctmfun
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:45 am

ctmfun did u hit the eject button lol . cya at the tables . trucker 103

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:26 pm

Thanks guys - I guess in some ways I answered my own question. I'll see how things go on Saturday since I'll be taking my laptop down to the conference. Anyway, 30 more minutes or so and I'm driving down to the airport with my friends for a red-eye flight to Orlando.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:23 am

i've lost track of how the series has progressed ... any updates?

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:53 pm

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that dontquit advanced to the heads up match and beat out TBD. Congrats to dontquit! Wish I could've played the final table but maybe next time! I do wonder what place I finished? Anyone rail this game and know by chance?
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:55 pm

ryodejaneiro wrote:I vaguely recall reading somewhere that dontquit advanced to the heads up match and beat out TBD. Congrats to dontquit! Wish I could've played the final table but maybe next time! I do wonder what place I finished? Anyone rail this game and know by chance?

Oh Iwas there. lol. He beat on me so bad. Dontquit is one hell of a poker player. He played a great game in round 3, even making a huge comeback heads-up to win it. In round 4, he absolutely manhandled me. Seriously, it looked like I was playing my first heads-up game. Kudos to king dontquit king
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by ctmfun Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:55 am

Congrats to dontquit on beating TBD. But from my vantage point, he is very far down the leaderboard (77th I believe?) and needs to prove himself worthy of the praise which TBD heaped on him. I'm looking forward to the end of the season tourney and we'll see if he qualifies for the real test!

ctmfun

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down