Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

NBC HU freeroll satellites on FTP

3 posters

Go down

NBC HU freeroll satellites on FTP Empty NBC HU freeroll satellites on FTP

Post by awry13 Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:42 pm

If anyone is interested in practicing heads up no limit hold'em go to the sit n go tab at FTP and look for the 256 player satellite freeroll (orange type). It is a super satellite in shootout format that awards a seat in another satellite. My highest finish was 33rd so I don't really know too much about the whole thing except that it let me practice heads up play. The major drawback with a shootout is the down time between matches.

awry13
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

NBC HU freeroll satellites on FTP Empty nbc hu freeroll sattelites on full tilt

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:36 pm

thanks for the info just what i need is another freeroll to take a wack at lol Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

NBC HU freeroll satellites on FTP Empty Re: NBC HU freeroll satellites on FTP

Post by ryodejaneiro Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:50 pm

Yeah, I've been playing these freerolls since FT introduced them. Once you advance a bit further into the game, you get some decent heads up play (but not all the time). The best I've done so far is a 7th place finish in Round 1. The series has 3 games total, and you need to win it all in the first game.

Round 1 has 256 players meaning, you'll be playing 8 mini-rounds (256 => 128 => 64 => 32 => 16 => 8 => 4 => 2 => winner). To make it into the top 10, it'll take you at least 2 hours because you have to wait for all the other players to finish their round before playing the next round. Sometimes I've been one of the last players to finish up, other times it would be very quick. I remember at one point, I knocked out 3 players in a span of 15 hands, but then another match went on for 100+ hands.

Looks like Round 2 pays out 64 places to the Round 3. And then, of course, Round 3 is played down to 1 player. As of this writing only 128 players have been registered for Round 3 with a max of 5000 entrants, so there's still time to try to make it to Round 3.

See you all at the tables!
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:55 pm

those tourneys have been taking up to much of my time. i did win the .com and advanced to next round. but thats as far as i got. love the heads up action though, but the waiting time in between rounds s%^ks
slyone66
slyone66
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by awry13 Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:22 pm

Yes, lots of downtime. I have now finished in 5th place twice.

awry13

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down