Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

me and the bubble

4 posters

Go down

me and the bubble Empty me and the bubble

Post by kohnzy Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:55 am

i play on a couple of sites mostly freerolls or money that i win off of them.... I usually do pretty good in tournaments not sayin i get there alot but i get through thousands of ppl the past few days i get low chip stack near the bubble and twice in two days i got taken out on the bubble once in a freeroll and in a real money tourn... needless to say im broke again lol im just looking for any tips or hints that may help me out when im near the bubble low stack, even if its just to get into the money... Thanks! Oh and by the way forum im not a posting king or queen but think u could help me out with that password for later today maybe?? Very Happy Hope to hear your ideas and thank you...

kohnzy
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

me and the bubble Empty Re: me and the bubble

Post by Jeester Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:32 am

Hmmm the bubble is always tricky to play. On one hand you have enveryone not wanting to play because they want to reach the money so they would fold blinds they would usually call. But on the other hand If you're short stacked the other guys might raise you just to get you to leave the tourney quicker.

It's needless to say that when you are playing loosly with a big stack most people will fold and you can rake in the blinds.

So I would say play as tight as possible on a short stack, and loose as possible on large.
The least I would call with if I was short stack would be 10J suited but I would fold imediatly if nothing came (but it always depends) maybe I would call if my hole cards were both higher than the flop... Of cause I would call everything to AA and push pre flop with KK AA AK (and maybe AQ depending on how small my stack is).

But yeah, that's what I'd do, BUT number one piece of advice...DON'T GET SHORT STACKED and if you just lost a big stack resist the urge to push.

Last edited by Jeester on Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jeester
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

me and the bubble Empty thanks

Post by kohnzy Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:45 pm

thank you jeester

kohnzy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by untouchable0001 Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:32 am

just when u get to have only 10x the bb u need to push.or play only good starting hands.ak,aa,kk,and maybe aq,qq!good luck

untouchable0001

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:36 am

I think Jeester makes an interesting point about how your chip stack can dictate how you may end up playing near the bubble. At the same time though, I wouldn't rule out being aggressive just because you are short stacked. In fact, being short stacked on the bubble can be good at times. People will tend to assume that you're making a move only with the best of starting hands since you're all close to the money, so you could potentially mix it up and make moves with lesser hands with the hopes of not getting called and picking up the blinds and antes. Now I do think that this is easier said than done - at the same time though, you have to take risks at some point, so why not when you're on the bubble when a lot of of people tend to tighten up?
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down