Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Professionals you've played against

5 posters

Go down

Professionals you've played against Empty Professionals you've played against

Post by Not Like Me Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:08 pm

I've played against a handful of professionals, all "red" names on FTP. Mostly in the form of MTT's but I have played some of them in ring games ($3/$6). When I note that I played against them, I exclude players who were not directly at my table but were entered in the same tournament.

Hans Vogl - $3/$6 NL Hold 'em - Still have a screenshot on my PC at home where I beat him for a $600 cash pot, I'll post it once I get home later.

Huck Seed - Sat directly to my left in a $75,000 guarantee tournament a month ago.

Peter Feldman ("Nordberg") - FTOPS Event #9 last May, he was only at my table for a few hands before being moved.

Greg Hobson ("DuckU") - Not a red name, but certainly a professional player. We ended up playing heads-up in the $17,500 guarantee last April...heads-up was a good battle but he ended up besting me after about 25 minutes.

Marco Liesy - $3 big stack tournament, I was surprised to see him enter this one due to the relatively small payouts.

Jon Turner ("Pearljammed") - I'm having difficulty remembering which tournament I played him in, but I do recall the hand we both flopped top pair he ended up having the better kicker, subsequently I went out shortly after.

Martin Klaser - He entered a $1 buy in tournament, 90 ppl max...he was at my table and I asked him whether he was required by FTP to play a certain amount of those tournaments. He said he just did it for fun, "giving a chance for players at lower limits to play with the red pros." I think that was pretty cool of him to do.

I think that's about it...if I recall anyone else I'll let you guys know. Please feel free to share your own pro stories.
Not Like Me
Not Like Me
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Professionals you've played against Empty Re: Professionals you've played against

Post by illphillllllll Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:03 pm

i don't play on tilt that much so i am yet to play with a pro there. in a live tourny in A.C. at the borgata i sat with nicky frangos. not a big name but a very good stud player and enters a lot of wsop events, where i first seen him. never butted heads with him at the table, probably a good thing.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Professionals you've played against Empty Re: Professionals you've played against

Post by The Big Donk Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:59 pm

A couple of the most memorable pros I've played with were Jen Harmon and Marco Traniello, both very friendly off and on the table, and Clonie Gowen, whose kind, sweet personality is the polar opposite of her ruthless style of play.

I always prefer playing with the friendly pros over the show-offs and jerks. Although I'm a big fan of Phil Gordon, who doesn't exactly fit into either of those categories. He does conduct himself in a respectable manner at the table, but he's not afraid to speak the truth even if it comes off sounding a bit a**hole-ish. I think he's freakin hilarious.

If you guys haven't seen the poker movie "The Grand" you should check it out. Phil Gordon plays himself as a commentator for the event, and there's one scene where he rips his co-host a new a**hole; priceless!
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Professionals you've played against Empty I played with Doyle for 4 hands

Post by k9ofspades Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 pm

About a year ago Doyle's Room had a special freeroll with the Brunsons. I played with Doyle for four hands when I got moved to his table even got in a hand with him briefly had to fold after the flop. He than went all in and got knocked out. I finished in the money about $6 if I recall correctly. Built my bankroll up to about $24, I was hoping to get the refund on their bounty tourney but I went broke first. Didn't get much bankroll back until I won the two tourneys here almost back to back in the early fall.

regards Guy
k9ofspades
k9ofspades
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerPlay777 Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:39 am

Played with Lynnette Chan a couple times on Tilt! Very Happy
PowerPlay777
PowerPlay777
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Like Me Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:35 pm

I meant to post this last week, but I tried out the Doyle's Room Feeder for the Sunday Grand and while I'm not 100% certain, there was a player named Gabe Kaplan sitting to my immediate right. The only reason I think it's actually him is because I don't think you can use another players likeliness (in this instance, his exact name) and I'm pretty sure the avatar was in the Gabe mould. No special characters in his name either. Thought it was pretty cool even though he busted pretty quickly!
Not Like Me
Not Like Me

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down