Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Cake Network has "Fold to any bet" Button. Don't use it!

3 posters

Go down

Cake Network has "Fold to any bet" Button. Don't use it! Empty Cake Network has "Fold to any bet" Button. Don't use it!

Post by datsme53 Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:22 pm

Cake Network has "Fold to any bet" Button. Don't use it! 2_7_ha10

The Cake Network has a "Fold to any bet" button as one of the options available to you in advance of your turn to bet/raise/fold. I have decided that, for me, it is a button I will refrain from using from now on... at least in this type of circumstance anyway. This hand above had me seeing a 2,7 off in the BB. I decided to just hit the "Fold to any bet" button and really just forget it right away as soon as I saw my cards. Well... it went around the table with no one betting and the flop cards automatically hit the board. They came up 2,J,A. The SB checked(even though he had Top pair(A's) and I didn't think about it but I auto checked because the "Fold to any bet" button was STILL checked which I didn't pay any attention to really. The other players in the hand checked as well.. then the turn hit the board.. a 2! I barely got my mouse in motion to uncheck that "Fold to any bet" button in time when the SB made a bet of $.12. I mean it was JUST in the nick of time to keep me from insta-folding the hand. I decided to just smooth call it after waiting a bit... the other players folded. When the river came another 2.. it made the SB's hand a full house and I raised his bet and got him all in and won the hand.

The point being, of course, I nearly folded this hand because I had decided to just click the "Fold to any bet" button as soon as I saw I had 2,7 off. That button does NOT uncheck itself during the rest of the whole hand! You have to manually uncheck it after EACH card. I will not use that button in the future, and I recommend that you do not use ANY of the buttons in advance, just in case you change your mind or, in this case, nearly lose out on a winning hand because you clicked on it. Online, players might get a tell also from you if you use these buttons on a regular basis as well. IMO you will be much better off not clicking on any of these buttons in advance of your turn. Just wait on your turn to act. It will likely pay off at some point.
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Cake Network has "Fold to any bet" Button. Don't use it! Empty Re: Cake Network has "Fold to any bet" Button. Don't use it!

Post by ncbluez Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:03 am

nice hand, and thanks for the advice Smile Never used the button, but sounds like I'm glad I didn't .... I would surely forget to uncheck it

ncbluez
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-01-17

Back to top Go down

Cake Network has "Fold to any bet" Button. Don't use it! Empty Re: Cake Network has "Fold to any bet" Button. Don't use it!

Post by SouthBay1 Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:22 am

I have used that damn button and lost hands for exactly the same reason Dats. I click it and forget. Now I only click it if I am out of the BB and button. I have said this before, and I'll say it again right now. I think what they need to do is make the FOLD button bigger or make it flash or something. Give these fukin chasing ass donks that don't know any better a little bit more of a chance to fold. I think it will hit some sort of pyscological trigger making them fold just a bit more.

SouthBay1
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down