Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

prefered seating opinion

+5
illphillllllll
datsme53
chefjimmy
k9ofspades
slyone66
9 posters

Go down

prefered seating opinion Empty prefered seating opinion

Post by slyone66 Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:08 am

i was wondering about seating in tournaments. does anyone have a specific seat they like to sit in during tournaments and why. my prefered seat is # 9. it has been the luckiest for me. not that the seat can bring you luck. when i'm in the tournements i try to sit in this seat. whats your opinions on seating
slyone66
slyone66
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

prefered seating opinion Empty Preferred seating

Post by k9ofspades Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Sometimes I will move if I've been having a long spell of bad cards usually to a seat thats been having good luck. It shouldn't make any difference but it seems to.

Regards Guy
k9ofspades
k9ofspades
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

prefered seating opinion Empty i stay away from this

Post by chefjimmy Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:11 am

i,m not putting you down,but the entire line of thinking messes with me...if i start to beleive in a lucky seat,next comes cant lose tonight with 2-9 offsuit...ect ect..you get the picture...but the world is full of lucky card protectors,hands that cant miss,and lucky seats...when i,m not hitting i leave...but hey whatever works...he who dies with the most chips wins
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

prefered seating opinion Empty Re: prefered seating opinion

Post by datsme53 Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Ok Sly.... this may sound a little old fashion or whatever, but I feel that I want a seat that I'm comfortable with. One that is easy to pick out quickly.... you know... when that buzzer, signal, or alarm goes off when it's your turn and you have to bet, check, or fold quickly. I know sometimes I'm playing 2 or more tourneys at a time and it sure makes it a lot more handy and efficient be able to go to the same seat in every tourney and site that you are on(if possible) quickly with your eyes and make that call or raise when time is a factor especially. I learned this quickly when I would end up losing out on a good hand because I couldn't spot my seat quick enough to make the call or raise or whatever. Rolling Eyes

I always select the seat at 6 or 5 o'clock(depending on how many seats are at the table I'm on) on whatever table or site I'm on and set it up on ALL my poker sites that way so I'll always be ready and comfortable with where I'm at. I also picked that seat because it is closest to your clicks for betting, calling, folding etc. Pitbull would be one exception here for my rule of thumb because, of course, it doesn't give you that option(at least I don't think it does lol). When I play on Pitbull or other sites that don't give you the option to use preferred seating, I generally don't play very many tables at a time(1 or 2 mostly).

Anyway that's just my take on it. If your comfortable and having no problems with where ever you sit... go for it. It's just something I've come to find out that for me... works best. Wink
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:24 pm

might be a little off topic but on sites that let you rotate table to pick your seat i like sitting across from dealer. bodog always sits you in the seat i'm talking about. when multi tabling tourny's it makes for a little less confusion than always trying to figure out where they moved you to when the table breaks.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by cansn3000 Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:31 am

Just a a question, not exactly related to seating, but to position.. are the first and last the good positions? which are the first and last positions? Why?

I know it's kind of a stupid question but I'm new to this and I can't manage to solve this question..

cansn3000
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by smallteene Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 am

I dont know what number the seats are...but I would say that like phil...i like to sit 6pm or am across the dealer. I can't stand anywhere else, it looks and feels weird. If i am playing more than maybe 4 tables though, i'll move myself accordingly to fit them all on the screen....haha. picky picky.
smallteene
smallteene
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:27 pm

Position matters to me.
Player on your right.
Player on your left.

The Seat doesn't make any difference IMO.

But Hey
Do what works and if it keeps working keep doing it.
If it's not working stop doing it and find what works.

Good Luck

Roller

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Surf Rat Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:26 pm

What a Face I just grab the closest seat that is open when the music stops and going in butt first helps knock anybody else going for it outa there.....Oh wait thats the other musical chair game....n e v e r mind Laughing
Surf Rat
Surf Rat
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:51 am

The Butt first idea.
OMG so simplistic yet I never thought of it.
Perfect Strategy for a Perfect Win.

Butt First from now on.

Now I am thinking of a way to implement (Butt First) this into No Limit Texas Holdem.

Any ideas ??? bounce

Idea:
Hey maybe after each break.
Music Starts and round and round we go.
And I'm gunning for the Big Stacks chair.
Butt First ...........

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Roller

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down