Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

J 9 offsuit opinion

4 posters

Go down

J 9 offsuit opinion Empty J 9 offsuit opinion

Post by slyone66 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:03 pm

i just wanted to know what the overall opinion on playing J9 offsuit is. i was recently in a tournament where one player called all in with Ak and other called him with the J9 os, and the guy hit the J on the flop and knocked the other guy out. what's your opinion on this. i think its a lousy sukout call myself..
slyone66
slyone66
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

J 9 offsuit opinion Empty Re: J 9 offsuit opinion

Post by datsme53 Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:36 pm

Well.... I'd say in certain situations I would play J,9 off... but usually only in my blinds and on or near the button.. unless a lot of hands are going to the flop with limp ins... then I MAY play it, but not all that often ... I certainly wouldn't call a bet to put me all in with it... unless it was my last resort(like being nearly broke in a tourney). pirat Now that's just me.....but I can be squeaky tight at times too. Wink
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerPlay777 Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Would see a cheap flop with it. But no way am Calling all-in unless in the Big blind and very short stacked.
my 2 cents
PowerPlay777
PowerPlay777
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:32 pm

I hate to be the guy who says this, but it depends (on the player's position, blinds/antes, stack size, how many players in table, where in the tourney - ITM, near bubble, before bubble, etc). If the all in was a small stack and the guy holding J9 was in late position and decent stack size that sufficiently covered the other player with AK, then that could warrant a call. Some players may call an all in with mediocre hands because even the best starting hands like AA decrease in win percentage as more players enter the pot. Now whether or not this particular person in question had that in mind, I don't know - could be just a donk too.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down