Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

time consuming freeroll tourneys...

5 posters

Go down

time consuming freeroll tourneys... Empty time consuming freeroll tourneys...

Post by chefjimmy Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 pm

yeah i just finished like 30th in a big freeroll...i played for nearly 3 hours..yes i had fun,but i,m not sure it was worth the time...anyone else feel like that?
chefjimmy
chefjimmy
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

time consuming freeroll tourneys... Empty Re: time consuming freeroll tourneys...

Post by The Big Donk Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:14 am

The 2 factors that will make or break a freeroll for me are: finishing ITM / chatting it up with friendly folks.

Without either one of those, a long time spent in a freeroll can feel like a waste.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

time consuming freeroll tourneys... Empty Re: time consuming freeroll tourneys...

Post by datsme53 Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 am

Well... Jimmy... I'll tell ya... when you enter one of these.. and some have a lot more entrants than others... I figure ya gotta know what your in for or you shouldn't enter in the first place. I know it's frustrating to play for 3 hours or in some cases 5, and not get anything for your efforts other than the experience of going deep into a Tourney, which is something if not any money. Other questions would come to mind... did you enjoy it or was it such a grind that you hated it? If it was fun for you... it was worth it!

As you know I played 6 hours and qualified for a 2K Tourney this weekend.... I'll let you know after I play if I think it was worth it lol! Smile Wink
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:21 am

my experience with freerolls is if you don t want to invest the time you shouldn t play. i played in one on AP last night made it down to 52 out of 6ooo plus and didn t qualify for weekly which was 30th and below . and didn t make a dime, and that was 3 hrs worth of play. was i mad. sure. but i'll still enter them just for the fun of it. i love the game. and i know in time i'll get that win again. patience, patience, patience,when i learn that again. i'll get my wins.
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jolietdusty Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:42 am

Agree with above staement if your playing for fun and chatting with friends it is worth it or if trying to build a br from 0 but if your trying to make real money I say its a waste of time

jolietdusty
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:29 am

well some of us just like to play and win a little was in 4 tourneys last night finished in the money 2 out of 4 goldchips players only 4000 finished 104th top50 payout eurolinxs 100$ freeroll 2993 finished 27th top 260pay out and on pdc 50$ freeroll final tabled out of 1500 finished 7th and went pretty deep in the 10cent for 1000$ on full tilt without rebuying or addons good old american dime finished 394th out 3600 pay out started at 153 but all in all played well .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down