Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Full house vs straight flush

2 posters

Go down

Full house vs  straight flush Empty Full house vs straight flush

Post by mikeler23 Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:34 pm

I just cant get over this one. at poker stars i had J 8 and on the flop i had 2 pairs. i decided to be agressive and went all in. i was called with 9 10 suited. on the turn J of spades came up. i had i full house and he got the flush. i thought forsure i won. and i seven of spades came up and he hit a straight flush. i aint no math wiz but i think he had like a 5percent chance to win

mikeler23
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Full house vs  straight flush Empty Re: Full house vs straight flush

Post by datsme53 Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:56 pm

That is a bad one for sure my donkhard brother! You're right... you don't have to be a math wizard to know his chances of hitting that are astronomical. He of course only had 2 cards that could help him. If you had 9 at your table and assumed that none of the cards that were dealt up to that point were either the Qs or 7s... there would of course only be 30 cards left for him to draw to to catch what he had to have to beat you. 15 to 1 at that point was the best he could have been. If that was 15 to 1 in a horse race.... it seems to me the chances would be better, but in a card draw.... it is what it is........ a huge suck out! The only wrinkle in this hand that would've made it even harder to swallow would have been if you hadn't went all in after the flop, but went all in after the turn with the full house and he with the flush called you and then put the suck out on you...now that would've been even sicker! Exclamation Twisted Evil
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down