Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

fresh start from needed break

5 posters

Go down

fresh start from needed break Empty fresh start from needed break

Post by slyone66 Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:13 am

i realized i was playing way to much poker lately , and getting nowhere. so i took a little break. now i'm back and hopefully i will have better luck on the tables. you get to a point playing poker where you get so discouraged from badbeats that you just want to say screw the game. but that will never happen, just a relaxed break is what i needed, i feel refreshed and ready to go. so see you all in the next donkhard tourneys my fellow donkhards....btw have your game on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
slyone66
slyone66
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

fresh start from needed break Empty We are shipmates buddy

Post by k9ofspades Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:33 am

You and I are in the same boat been rough this year had a great Christmas holiday period. they say the pros go months at a time on occasions. I'm playing the bottom levels I have three rooms with a very small foothold in a fourth $3.45 (party poker gave me $5 last week). I' decided if my bankroll at any site drops $10 from its high I avoid the site for a week. If I'm out of all my sites I play freerolls. I just got the third site $24 at poker stars. I had the money won at Fleet Street Games and they stopped playing and I waited patiently to see what would happen because they would charge me $15 to sent me a cheque and finally they made a deal with poker stars.

Regards Guy

P.S. Doyle's Room and Carbon are my healthier sites $60 $40. All 4 started with freeroll winnings.
k9ofspades
k9ofspades
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

fresh start from needed break Empty Re: fresh start from needed break

Post by PowerPlay777 Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:10 am

Must be something going around, I can`t seem to hit a flop to save my life.

It`s a new week, I only played a couple games over the weekend. Hopefully things will turn around.
I missed Freeroll at Doyle`s. Really meant to play that one.
Anyway good luck guys!!! Smile
PowerPlay777
PowerPlay777
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 am

a break can be a good thing when done correctly. if your playing good and having people get lucky against you then keep plugging away, everybody goes thru these periods. if you seem to be getting it in lately with the worst of it, then the break can be a time to reflect and figure out what you are doing wrong. one of the hardest things about playing poker is the ability to deal with the beats and keeping a positive attitude. the negative thoughts can be detrimental to the best players.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:09 pm

slyone66 wrote:i realized i was playing way to much poker lately , and getting nowhere. so i took a little break. now i'm back and hopefully i will have better luck on the tables. you get to a point playing poker where you get so discouraged from badbeats that you just want to say screw the game. but that will never happen, just a relaxed break is what i needed, i feel refreshed and ready to go. so see you all in the next donkhard tourneys my fellow donkhards....btw have your game on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Welcome back my friend! Smile Haven't seen much of you here lately.... but I 'm glad your rested up and ready to go. I've slacked off on playing quite so much lately for one reason or another, but I'm hoping to be able to play in our tourneys coming up.... Saturday is shakey for me....(granddaughters birthday party... having it here) , but I'll make as many as I can.... managed a small ITM finish in the last one. Glad to hear your ready to play... I see you have your game face back on...LOL! Razz
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

well good for u sly and glad ur back i have been thinking of takin a little break lately seem to be getting a little less enthused with the game and with the good weather coming . hope u get on a roll and win big gl .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down