Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Online Gambling

+3
chefjimmy
illphillllllll
Gunn56
7 posters

Go down

Online Gambling Empty Online Gambling

Post by Gunn56 Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:55 am

Ok here is a theory I have come up with while playing the last few days in tournys the software reconizes the person who is most aggressive there for in the long run of the tourny rewards him or her knocking out the short stacks or medium stacks. then in ring they set the short stacks up and give the biggers tacks a draw to chase or etc and then they hit the miracle river puttign the short stack all in and making him or her either re buy or knocked out. what do you guys think of this if you do not beleive me pull up a ring table and watch the short stack more then enough ties they will be broke in the span of 20 mins .

Gunn56
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Online Gambling Empty Re: Online Gambling

Post by illphillllllll Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:43 am

you should use your theory to your advantage and you will be rich. let me know how much money you made and maybe i will give it a shot myself. thanks for the advice.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by chefjimmy Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 pm

well there is this can called a shot stack strategy...often employed by decent players,who exploit this exact situation to there advantage...but it requires discipline.i dunno give yours a shot...let me know
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Like Me Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm not quite sure what new theory is being implied here.

If the aggressive player is still in the tournament, knocking off small and medium-stacks, I'll assume the aggressive player has a large amount of chips accumulated by that time.

So...

Big stacks picking off the small stacks late in a tournament? Nothing new here!

As for the ring games, the players with the cash advantages can afford to draw to cards, the short stacks will be looking for a good spot to get all their money in the middle.

I see no correlation between the idea of smaller stack players getting outdrawn horribly and the theory that the software is against them. In my personal opinion, the person with the larger chip stack has the obvious advantage and can afford to lose more than a few hands. Therefore that person will take risks they normally would not against against a player with a similar stack size.

Nothing in the game of poker is certain unless you have the stone cold nuts, and the small stack represents a minimal loss to the aggressive player. Especially in a tournament where each player knocked out could potentially represent moving up in the money. Seems like common sense to me.
Not Like Me
Not Like Me

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:24 pm

Gunn56 wrote:Ok here is a theory I have come up with while playing the last few days in tournys the software reconizes the person who is most aggressive there for in the long run of the tourny rewards him or her knocking out the short stacks or medium stacks. then in ring they set the short stacks up and give the biggers tacks a draw to chase or etc and then they hit the miracle river puttign the short stack all in and making him or her either re buy or knocked out. what do you guys think of this if you do not beleive me pull up a ring table and watch the short stack more then enough ties they will be broke in the span of 20 mins .

What your implying here is that online poker is rigged to give an advantage to larger stacks so that the software recognizes that larger stack and rigs it so that larger stacks win. Then you believe that the software sets up the short stacks so they will lose quicker and thereby making them re buy or be out. Personally, if I were one to believe that, I would never play online poker again. I don't believe on line poker software is "rigged" to give an advantage to larger stacks, rather I believe that larger stacks have the advantage simply because by having a lot more chips, they can take the small hits to their stack, but over the long haul will win out because they likely won't lose every hand, and by forcing the smaller stack to be all in in order to play a hand, they will sooner or later win a hand and thereby busting the smaller stack.

In my opinion, if you believe that on line poker software is rigged in any way shape or form, why would you ever play on line poker at all?
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tukie Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:39 pm

I think maybe you are deceiving yourself here. I agree with others that the large stacks will naturally take out small stacks, especially late in tourneys. As for aggressive players they too lose their money just as quick as they get it at times cause they don't enough to sit out of a hand. They think once they've accumulated lots of chips they can still get in every hand and hit. If you watch carefully you will find those same aggressive players end up not even ITM. Just my opinion.

tukie
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasWSOP Mon May 18, 2009 8:57 pm

This is an interesting theory. Is it consistently true? Does it work every time?
NicolasWSOP
NicolasWSOP
Member Rank: Quads

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by chefjimmy Tue May 19, 2009 7:05 am

In 50 years of poker i,ve learned a few things...but the 1st was nothing works every time.
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasWSOP Tue May 19, 2009 10:01 am

I agree with chefjimmy.

I'm pretty sure that everyone is random.
That's why it's called "gambling"
NicolasWSOP
NicolasWSOP

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down