Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

imperfect things

5 posters

Go down

imperfect things Empty imperfect things

Post by thehogster65 Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:12 pm

GOOD MESSAGE !!!!!

When I was a little child, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and eat every bite!

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said: "Baby, I love burned biscuits."

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides - a little burned biscuit never hurt anyone!"

You know, life is full of imperfect things.....and imperfect people. I'm not the best housekeeper or cook. What I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each other's faults - and choosing to celebrate each other's differences - is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

And that's my prayer for you today. That you will learn to take the good,the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God. Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker! We could extend this to any relationship in fact - as understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship!

"Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket - keep it in your own."
thehogster65
thehogster65
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

imperfect things Empty Re: imperfect things

Post by Surf Rat Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:02 pm

What a Face beautiful sentiment and thought ...thnx you...very Zen.... striveing for your own perfection is noble and to realize it is unatainable is your own enlightenment ...to not expect or force your ideal of perfection on others is the basis of acceptence and tolerance of other induviduals and the whole human race. bounce
Surf Rat
Surf Rat
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bhunt79 Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:43 am

So I'm reading this and getting lost in the story....mostly because both of my parents worked when I was growing up, and now that I have a child, both of his parents work. And I know first hand that things around the house are often less than perfect, and I can relate.

And then I remember that I'm on a poker forum! But it's a good break from the norm! Great post!

bhunt79
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by chefjimmy Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:52 pm

the world is full of imperfect things....me being at the forefront
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:38 pm

Very Cool Post.

WOW

Thanks for making me think about and relive some past experiences.

Thanks for making this REAL !!!!!

Best wishes to all and I hope your Dreams become reality.
Perfection is not desired or needed to make one self happy.
Smile and make the best of it.

Good Luck

Roller

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down