Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

went on tilt

+6
datsme53
chefjimmy
Roller
Surf Rat
illphillllllll
jimbeam77
10 posters

Go down

went on tilt Empty went on tilt

Post by jimbeam77 Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Well i was tilting today for some reason i dont know why Evil or Very Mad i lost $65 on cash table Evil or Very Mad why?? why?? why?? funny thing is i have no clue why i was on tilt anyone find this weird?
jimbeam77
jimbeam77
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

went on tilt Empty RE:went on tilt

Post by jimbeam77 Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:48 pm

ok make it an even hundred Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
jimbeam77
jimbeam77

Back to top Go down

went on tilt Empty Re: went on tilt

Post by illphillllllll Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:39 pm

jim my friend, wish i was in here earlier to see you before the 2nd post. your a great tourny player but inexperienced at ring games. stick with the tournys and get your ring experience at the micro levels. you built a very nice roll on full tilt but there is a very common mistake you made. when playing ring games you don't play certain limits just because your bankroll says it is ok according to bankroll management. for example, if someone deposits and wins the first tourny they play for $10,000, bankroll management suggests they can bring $500 to a ring table. while i believe that bankroll management is a great concept, it doesn't mean a ring player can skip limit levels. you want to play at least 10,000 hands and be a winning player before moving up the ranks in ring games. tourny poker and ring games are two different animals, with the ring games play very tight aggressive and try to grind slow and steady to build your roll.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Surf Rat Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:15 pm

What a Face well we did just get past the full moon phase....maybe it had you feeling a little extra wild,crazy and overly bold.... sometimes you just gotta step away and say NO No MORE today.Stick to what you know and gain experiance slowly. In ring/cash games I always set myself a $ limit to what I am willing to lose and a $ goal to achieve and/or time limit where I will stop for that session.
Surf Rat
Surf Rat

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:12 am

$65 Sad
$65 + $35 Basketball

1. When you lost the $65 I think you get some sunshine and play another day.
2. When it turns into a $100 I think you get a drink and some sunshine and play another day.
3. Change gears to TAG and grind back into it.

Some days Tilt is in the air.
Did you every notice when your game is off it's off at every site at the same time.

When Luck Boxes hand me some Bad Beats or I'm just running bad.
I remind myself that you Can't play make up poker. What is gone is gone. At that point I either walk away or tighten up and grind it out.

I still like choice 2.

Cool

Roller

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by chefjimmy Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:17 pm

well jimbeam my friend,ifeel your pain.....rule of advice for me is if i bust out two buy ins i walk...somedays its just not going to be your day
chefjimmy
chefjimmy

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Ring Ring Ring... Hello! LOL! Sorry to hear of your bad fortune jimbeam... but I gotta agree with Philly on this one. Stick to the tourneys... your an MTT player for sure. Bankroll management applies to rings as well as tournaments. I think, jim, that Rings must be your Blackjack on Full Tilt... lol! Stay away from rings.... money can go very quickly there... just like Blackjack! Razz chefjimmy has a plan... when you lose it all twice on rings ... call it a day... or switch and play a MTT... your luck may change.
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:05 am

i like all the replys to this topic, i recently went on tilt myself in $5-10 NL table on pitbull. was up at one point to over $300.00, but got greedy and ended up losing everything. i stay away from ring games now. and i like jimmys idea lose 2 buyins call it a day. so now building my account up again through freerolls, (which sux)
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbeam77 Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks for all the input Very Happy i just dont know when to quit Evil or Very Mad i also lost all my other money on other sites that have Black Jack Evil or Very Mad My shrink sucks!!!!
jimbeam77
jimbeam77

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:56 pm

jimbeam77 wrote:Thanks for all the input Very Happy i just dont know when to quit Evil or Very Mad i also lost all my other money on other sites that have Black Jack Evil or Very Mad My shrink sucks!!!!

Never quit .......

Live to fight another day ......

Some days you win and others you don't.
Twisted Evil Arrow affraid

It's a Love it >>> Hate it relationship at times.

Everything seems to run in streaks and like you said maybe the shrink has to go.

Laughing

Best of luck ..........

Roller

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:34 pm

jimbeam77 wrote:Thanks for all the input Very Happy i just dont know when to quit Evil or Very Mad i also lost all my other money on other sites that have Black Jack Evil or Very Mad My shrink sucks!!!!

Sink the shrink! You need a HANDLER....LMAO!! Razz

You could use a friend when you think your on tilt. Get in the chat box... or email me or someone.. don't let it get out of control..lol! Your tournament play is stellar.. jim.. don't abandon what got you there.... stick with it and build on it. You'll get a bankroll going again... just remember how you got it and what it took to get there. It didn't happen because you were just lucky... you earned it.. now get back to what you do best and get it going again! Rolling Eyes
datsme53
datsme53

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasWSOP Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:05 am

Remember that time when I was super tilted and took my last $0.40 cents and got that up to $11. You're the one that told me to leave the table right away so that my bankroll would be saved. I wish I could have been there to say the same for you. In poker it is crucial to resist the tilt. I know this probably doesn't mean much coming from me, for obvious reasons, considering I don't do this myself, but you absolutely have to play smart and know when to call it a day.
NicolasWSOP
NicolasWSOP
Member Rank: Quads
Member Rank: Quads

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by decker Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:15 am

It's easy to go on tilt. Hell, they don't call it FULL TILT POKER for nothing! Bad beats are one thing, but when you get 3 or 4 in a row it is very hard not to go on tilt. The other day I had pocket kings three times, and an Ace came up on the flop all three times. That'is a start , then you have the best hand going into the river a couple or 3 times, and wham, a suckout. Now you are on tilt, and it is very hard to control it. Takes experience, I guess, and knowing that if you play correctly, eventually, you will do well. Easier said than done.... Mad

decker
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by csmron Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:31 pm

A simple saying my Grandfather had is VALIDhere when playing any game of chance involving cards! TO ERR IS HUMAN TO FORGIVE IS NEVER THE RIVERS POLICY! when emotion over prior hands is driving the present decision, switching activities is A must "been there and done that" and had that lesson as well.

csmron
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:59 pm

csmron wrote:A simple saying my Grandfather had is VALIDhere when playing any game of chance involving cards! TO ERR IS HUMAN TO FORGIVE IS NEVER THE RIVERS POLICY! when emotion over prior hands is driving the present decision, switching activities is A must "been there and done that" and had that lesson as well.

Nice .....

Grandfather was very wise.

You never can learn to many lessons.

Thanks for sharing the words of wisdom.

Roller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content